Gransnet forums

News & politics

Has it occurred to anyone that we were all played

(83 Posts)
Nonnie1 Sun 26-Jun-16 10:56:01

Cameron in allowing the referendum to go forward was playing with politics. Nothing to do with 'us' at all, more of a Conservative party game.

Boris and Co.. never thought for one minute that they would win. It was another political game.....

Whichever way you voted, you were all played.

We were the pawns.

They are all to blame for this disgraceful fiasco with their lies.

Cameron you ought to be ashamed of yourself. Look at you now throwing your toys out of the pram.

Where in the world is one honest politician? Sorry for the oxymoron.

whitewave Thu 14-Jul-16 09:05:24

That won't matter welsh! Living in the South there are loads of EU registered cars around. No one takes any notice.

Elrel Thu 14-Jul-16 09:55:53

Democracy - The people (well, some of them) have (mis)spoken!
We do live in interesting times.
Boris as Foreign Minister, has anyone forgotten his Zionist remark, his description of Obama as 'half-Kenyan' and his reference to 'Bongo Bongo-land'? And, of course, Liverpool. Who will he upset first?
Where will TM the PM put Gove?

Gononsuch Thu 14-Jul-16 10:00:49

Was it Boris who said "Bongo-Bongo Land" I might be wrong and if I am I apologize now, but I thought it was someone from UKIP.

How ever Boris for FO is a total laugh, I really though he would be PM.

Ana Thu 14-Jul-16 10:03:40

You're right, Gononsuch, it was Ukip MEP Godfrey Bloom who said we shouldn't be sending aid to 'bngo-bongo land'.

petra Thu 14-Jul-16 11:02:11

It's all going very well, isn't it? The Swiss have closed the border with Italy. The Austrians are stopping all cars and lorries on their Hungarian border. And now the Hungarians are going to tell Merkel what she can do with her migrant quota.

rosesarered Thu 14-Jul-16 15:24:02

Yes, it was only a matter of time before some other countries in the EU decided that allowing as many migrants(as wanted to come) was a big mistake.
Tegan... What on earth is the point of going to a protest ( about the referendum) You and others have to accept the outcome, you have no chance of overturning it.
Wearing anti Brexit badges on the way there and back could get you more than verbally attacked, stick them in your pocket.

Tegan Thu 14-Jul-16 15:50:05

What right have you got to tell me what I should and shouldn't do roses. People on here have spoken about going on CND marches in their youth [as did I?]. Was that a stupid thing to do back then?? Given that I am not represented in any way in this country [my MP ffs was backing Leadsom] what else am I supposed to do? One of the reasons why this referendum was held in the first place was that people have moaned about the EU for 40 years [usually in a misinformed way]; no one told them to shut up, so I don't intend to shut up now.