Gransnet forums

News & politics

Who to replace Corbyn?

(105 Posts)
rosesarered Tue 28-Jun-16 14:53:10

As we have a who to replace Cameron thread, thought we may as well speculate as to who ( if anyone) Labour voters ( or any voters) fancy for the job? Should he go, or should he sweat it out?

Anniebach Tue 05-Jul-16 16:28:06

Strange that a Jew run Corbyns leadership campaign and then founded momentum. Can only be one of two explanations

daphnedill Tue 05-Jul-16 16:39:19

There's a story (possibly a myth) that Attlee and Morrison argued about who was to be PM when Labour won the 1945 election. While Morrison was distracted, Attlee jumped in a taxi to Buck Palace and told the king he was the new PM. Maybe somebody in Labour should do the same.

trisher Wed 06-Jul-16 10:22:12

I don't think he should have known dd. The questions is if you are rude to someone who is Jewish, but you don't know they are Jewish can you be accused of anti-semitism?
Most people who were kids when Thatcher was in power only know her through documentaries and films most of which show how she was groomed and changed to make a PM. I also think "The Thick of it" has had some influence on opinions about MPs

daphnedill Wed 06-Jul-16 10:26:16

@trisher

I agree with you about the Ruth Smeeth incident.

My children weren't even born when Thatcher was PM. They've heard of her, but don't really understand what she did or stood for.