Gransnet forums

News & politics

Biggest political hypocrite 2016

(233 Posts)
durhamjen Wed 28-Dec-16 00:14:19

These are some nominations.
Who would you choose from the list?

i1.wp.com/voxpoliticalonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/161226-political-hypocrite-nominations.png?w=529

absent Wed 28-Dec-16 00:20:40

There's such an embarrassment of riches it is impossible to pick just one!

durhamjen Wed 28-Dec-16 00:29:17

That's what I thought, absent. I keep changing my mind.

Ankers Wed 28-Dec-16 02:34:39

Hannan gets my vote. Followed by The Daily Mail.

I understand the Boris, Teresa May and Donald Trump ones.

NfkDumpling Wed 28-Dec-16 07:19:08

Politicians on both sides of the Brexit debate ended up greatly exaggerating any truth, picking out one of two is impossible - and as for the USA elections ....

I think Mr Trump will win the 2017 prize as he's forced to backtrack on a lot of his outlandish suggestions.

I'm hoping for good coverage of the various European elections to watch their politicians tie themselves in knots. It's going to be another interesting year!

daphnedill Wed 28-Dec-16 07:25:41

Farage on his own by a country mile.

Daily Mail as runner up (winner in the media category).

f77ms Wed 28-Dec-16 07:47:20

Boris Jonhson for me . Will do or say anything to further his career . The bumbling idiot act he puts on is a clever cover for a very nasty, self serving individual .

grannypiper Wed 28-Dec-16 08:17:06

Sturgeon followed by Corbyn, the world would be a better place without them both

Anniebach Wed 28-Dec-16 08:44:01

Very small list.

Anniebach Wed 28-Dec-16 09:34:20

Three Tory , one IKIP politician, two Tory supporting news papers and trump

Luckygirl Wed 28-Dec-16 09:59:12

David Cameron absolutely tops my list without question. He instigated the referendum for his own political reasons and was so bloody arrogant that he assumed it would be a Yes vote. He had said that if the vote went to leave he would stay on board during the transition, but he buggered off over the horizon before you could blink. What a cowardly creep.

rosesarered Wed 28-Dec-16 10:10:29

NfK dumpling I echo what you say.Trump first definitely, closely followed by Corbyn and then Cameron.

Anniebach Wed 28-Dec-16 10:17:22

Corbyn

sunseeker Wed 28-Dec-16 10:17:23

I looked up Mike Sevier who runs the VoxPolitical website, judging from his writing he appears to be very left wing so I don't think much credence can be placed on his choice of Hypocrites of the year.

Anniebach Wed 28-Dec-16 10:19:01

It was sooooo obvious by the choice given sunseeker

durhamjen Wed 28-Dec-16 10:26:49

tompride.wordpress.com/2016/12/23/nominations-for-biggest-political-hypocrite-of-the-year-awards-2016/

You can vote here if you want.

sunseeker Wed 28-Dec-16 11:15:05

My comments about Mike Sevier also allow to Tom Pride

sunseeker Wed 28-Dec-16 11:15:31

Sorry - that should have said "apply to Tom Pride"

durhamjen Wed 28-Dec-16 11:29:48

Of course. It was me who started the thread!
Annie knows Mike Sivier.

It doesn't stop those nominated from being awarded the title, does it?
I assume you've also noticed that the category is sarcasm?

City84 Wed 28-Dec-16 11:36:32

Sturgeon wins by a mile! She does not care a jot for her fellow countrymen and women! She is obsessed with her own fame, and going down in history as the one who bought independence to Scotland. Once in a lifetime vote? Not for bad losers like her!

durhamjen Wed 28-Dec-16 11:41:03

I did wonder why IDS wasn't on the list. Terrible that he's been forgotten about already.

Anniebach Wed 28-Dec-16 11:44:45

No intention of voting for such a one sided poll

Charleygirl Wed 28-Dec-16 12:07:57

I would add Osbourne to the list of Cameron, Boris, Nicola, Farage, Corbyn, there are so many.

Granny23 Wed 28-Dec-16 12:25:47

Thankfully the majority of people who live in Scotland do not agree with Grannypiper and City84 but rather think that oor Nichola is the 'best thing since sliced breid', working tirelessly to protect Scotland's best interests whist remaining kind, caring and a fun person to be with. As to the question of Scottish Independence (which is of course the overarching ethos of the Party which she leads) the referendum was won by the Unionists with a series of Vows, false promises and threats - one being that the only way to remain in the EU was to remain in the United Kingdom. These promises have been reneged on since day one post Indy-ref.

I resolved to keep out of these debates on Gransnet but cannot stay silent when someone suggests that my friend is, (along with that decent man Jeremy Corbyn), the worst person in the world.

nigglynellie Wed 28-Dec-16 12:31:42

D.Cameron big time,for reasons already given, closely followed by N. Sturgeon, again for reasons already stated. Corbyn? Not sure really, he's so out of his depth and not really bright enough to be a hypocrite! Others are just run of the mill awful, apart from Theresa May and Phillip Hammond.