News & politics

Article 50

(859 Posts)
whitewave Thu 26-Jan-17 18:09:24

What a creep. Both him and his wife are a pair of chancers

Anniebach Thu 26-Jan-17 18:04:00

Any mention of UKIP and I am reminded of Neil Hamilton, yuck

whitewave Thu 26-Jan-17 18:00:13

mair I have been trying to find a UKIP manifesto, but in its abscence have had to fall back on Nuttall charming utterances and previous UKIP publications. I'd be grateful if you could point out where I can find a UKIP manifesto.

suzied Thu 26-Jan-17 17:54:36

They've already got one MP haven't they?

Mair Thu 26-Jan-17 15:04:31

DJ
I would like to see UKIP have a voice in parliament certainly.

Anniebach Thu 26-Jan-17 15:00:10

I don't admire a man who applies the whip after voting against the party whip 428 times . He has to accept if MP's vote with their conscience and vote against they are just following his example

durhamjen Thu 26-Jan-17 14:59:21

So you are a Ukipper.
Do you agree with Nuttall that the NHS should be privatised?
I don't think Nuttall needs Corbyn's help to talk himself out of the Stoke seat.

Hard one, Devorgilla. I'd like to know what the lawyers think.

Devorgilla Thu 26-Jan-17 14:54:20

Perhaps they will follow JC's lifelong Parliamentary stance of voting with their conscience. I am of the opinion that MPs from constituencies with a strong Remain vote should support those constituents, if only to make the point that a good settlement needs to be hammered out. I am resigned though to Article 50 being triggered as I think they will have a Brexit majority.

Mair Thu 26-Jan-17 14:36:09

Well its been announced that Jeremy Corbyn is applying a three line whip to his MPs to make them support the triggering of article 50.

I admire Jeremy for this, it's an act of leadership, and it could save Labours bacon in the many Northern Brexit seats that they hold, so in that sense I am not entirely pleased because it will weaken UKIPs chances. It will also weaken Paul Nuttalls chances in Stoke.

What do the Bremain Labour supporters on GN feel about this?