Gransnet forums

News & politics

Tony Blair

(282 Posts)
Luckygirl Fri 17-Feb-17 22:36:06

Oh no! - he's back! I cannot bear his self-satisfied voice!

It does not matter what he says; he just gives me the creeps.

I doubt he gives a fig for what I think though grin

GracesGranMK2 Fri 24-Feb-17 14:38:31

grin

daphnedill Fri 24-Feb-17 16:28:12

I agree with you, Ginny. I wish people who have no interest in discussing anything serious, sneer at those who do and want to derail serious threads would stick to 'Chat' or something more lighthearted.

Ana Fri 24-Feb-17 16:31:57

That's you told, GracesGranMK2! grin

(the others are used to it...)

trisher Fri 24-Feb-17 16:37:25

I can be serious if I want, but I've posted my views on Tony quite enough. I don't see why I shouldn't discuss dragons as well. Some of us are capable of being both serious and light hearted. Personally I don't see much point in just writing posts about what you think people ought to be discussing.
If a rare female Yorkshire dragon is discovered in this country where should the two be brought together? I think the Aussies should send theirs over here. It could cause a diplomatic incident.

stillaliveandkicking Fri 24-Feb-17 18:18:56

grin at Trisher.

People can post whatever they like. I personally chuckle at "armchair politicians" and like to give a layman's view every now and again, let's face it the government is supposed to work for us and do what they're told to do by a democratic society. A small percentage of this society is affluent, then you have the want to be's, then you the 'majority' who are just like me, working class.

GracesGranMK2 Fri 24-Feb-17 18:23:01

It made my day to be honest as life is not very amusing most of the time. I generally agree that deliberate derailing is not reasonable when others want to discuss something serious. This just seemed like an amusing aside but I appreciate that although I thought it was lovely I should have realised others may not have felt the same so my apologies to anyone who felt they could not continue with the serious stuff blush

However, I didn't think this was like some of the deliberate derailments of the past and the 'dragon' posts could have been ignored while the serious posters carried on talking to one anothersad but that's just my opinion.