Gransnet forums

News & politics

What can TM be thinking of?

(357 Posts)
Luckygirl Wed 03-May-17 19:25:02

Sigh and double sigh.

Not content with taking us into an undemocratic referendum when we are all asked to vote on something where no-one could have a clear picture of the options, the conservatives now have a leader who stands and loudly slags off those with whom we need to negotiate for the secure future of the country. All thoroughly irresponsible - it just makes me want to despair.

stillaliveandkicking Wed 17-May-17 00:47:29

Devoted worshippers? Brutus? You clearly don't like a smart woman then dahnedill. She's pretty cool from where I'm sitting for now.

durhamjen Wed 17-May-17 07:57:47

18-25 year olds still have a vote, if they have signed up to it.
That's all the poster is suggesting they do.
My 18-25 year old grandchildren are very politically aware, more so than a lot of grown ups I know.

I would hope that all over 25s are telling the younger ones to go and vote as its their future that the over 65s are throwing away.

dbDB77 Wed 17-May-17 08:43:03

"... its their future that the over 65s are throwing away"
durhamjen - you've made my point for me - another divisive comment - setting the young against the old. Sad & bitter.

JessM Thu 18-May-17 06:52:54

My mother always used to say that when a female politician starts to wobble on her perch, the men will turn on her with far more venom than if she had been a man. Her prediction proved correct. We certainly saw it with Thatcher and Edwina C.

Anya Thu 18-May-17 06:57:39

And Michael Gove!

Welshwife Thu 18-May-17 07:59:14

I thought your section of the poem was very apt DD - describes Brexit very well really.!