Gransnet forums

News & politics

Who will replace May?

(268 Posts)
Rigby46 Fri 09-Jun-17 06:34:38

She can't possibly stay - she's fatally wounded. Boris, Hammond and DD must be plotting as I post. Rudd a no-no, too close to her.

GracesGranMK2 Mon 12-Jun-17 08:44:00

Instead so much of the electorate opted for freebies for everyone, regardless of how it would be paid for

Rather like May it appears you have a tin ear tidyskatemum, as the way the manifesto was going to be paid for was issued as a separate document and talked about on many programmes. More a case of not wanting to know than the information not being available it seems.

Just another example of prejudice (opinion without a factual base).

durhamjen Mon 12-Jun-17 08:48:42

Where did that come from, luckylegs?
I have looked through the whole thread and can't find where I even acknowledged you, yet alone criticised what you were saying.
Try not to make things up for effect. It usually backfires.

durhamjen Mon 12-Jun-17 08:49:41

Has Mayhem said, "Nothing has changed!" yet?

Eloethan Mon 12-Jun-17 09:31:15

luckylegs I too have looked through the whole thread and have found no personal insults.

Conversely,you have just said that a "certain trio" on here [you give two names] can't comprehend the issues and "seem to result [resort] to personal insults if you have no answer". That seem pretty personal to me - and incorrect.

It is funny how those who agree with Conservative Party policy always seem to refer to "those of us who have always had to work". I think you will find that most of the people of a different political persuasion to yourself have also always had to work - work and commitment to work is not exclusive to those on the right.

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 09:45:56

luckylegs false facts grin

MaizieD Mon 12-Jun-17 09:59:23

Perhaps luckylegs has got her threads muddled. It's easily done these days grin

Rigby46 Mon 12-Jun-17 10:58:55

luckylegs the people you refer to post sensible, well informed (i.e. based on facts) opinions. You do not . End of. And that's my well informed ( based on facts ) option of your posts

devongirl Mon 12-Jun-17 11:10:05

Luckylegs9 I agree with the most recent posts. I take particular offence at "those of us who have always had to work". I am now past state retirement age but still 'have to work', and will continue to have to. Oddly enough (to you) I am still a fervent supporter of Labour.

Jalima1108 Mon 12-Jun-17 12:12:59

What has Nigel Lawson got to do with his son's article?
About as much as his sister's cookery skills grin

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 13:08:14

Rumour doing the rounds that Maybot will be out by the end of the week and Johnson shoved in place?

How will that work then.

What an outlook Johnson and Trump oh joy!

kittylester Mon 12-Jun-17 14:13:51

Last time I looked Lawson Junior wasn't in the Cabinet. He is entitled to an opinion - just like the rest of us!!

durhamjen Mon 12-Jun-17 15:22:36

It's because Johnson has the personal skills that Maybot lacks!!!!!

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 15:26:43

What a liar? I wouldn't be so sure as Maybot must have been economical with the truth when she told her maj that she could form a functioning government as she didn't know at that stage and in fact still doesn't know if she actually can.

If the Tories think that Johnson will be liked NBC the electorate it shows how little they know either the voter or European ministers .

f77ms Mon 12-Jun-17 15:27:28

May should stay as long as possible ( I am a Labour supporter btw) she is our best asset .

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 15:28:40

Yes I do agree ffms

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 15:33:19

Love the lack of goats skin velum explanation.

It is the politics of the mad house

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 15:35:20

Cor they are brave messing with Her Maj aren't they?