her rhetoric an empty vicarage,
the windows smashed.
Then her feet grew sharp
and stilettos, awkward.
Then she had balls to believe it.
When she awoke,
her nose was bloody, difficult.
The furious young
ran towards her through the fields of wheat.

The furious young indeed!!

MaizieD Sat 10-Jun-17 23:08:08

Brexit is going to affect everyone in the UK, anyway, roses as it's going to make us all poorer. Vague hopes of great trade deals in the future are no substitute for the solid benefits we already have from trading with a huge market right on our doorstep and the ability to take advantage of world wide trade agreements the EU already has negotiated. Given the choice of trading with 'independent' UK and the EU countries will go for the EU every time because it is a far, far bigger market. It will take years to recover (if we recover at all)

The 'soft Brexit' people are talking about now is basically the Norway option. Pay to belong, conform to EU regulations and have no say whatsoever. But at least we'll be able to retain our market and existing trade more easily. I can't actually see Brexiteers really liking that option very much.

Would there be blood on the streets if we didn't leave the EU? I don't know.

What would all our Gnet Brexiteers be prepared to do if we stayed in?

MaizieD Sat 10-Jun-17 23:31:35

This tweet puts it better than I did:

Absurdity: Believing that the imperfections of the EU merit even one 10th of the disruption and loss that would be caused by hard #Brexit

whitewave Sun 11-Jun-17 09:05:41

I think that Corbyn has now to move from being a cult figure to leader of the Labour Party. That will assist in healing divisions a give the right message.

There will always be Corbynisters, but that's fine as long as it is accepted that he is more than that and recognisably a party leader.