Gransnet forums

News & politics

Corbyn and the Monarchy and Armed Forces.

(291 Posts)
Luckylegs9 Sun 25-Jun-17 13:29:00

Corbyn has made it quite clear, what he and his close followers feel about our Queen and Armed Forces, do can those that support him eventually want a country with a President and no Armed Forces? This is how it looks. Why hadn't he the guts to just come out with it?

Jane10 Sun 25-Jun-17 14:04:00

I think he's only focusing on saying what people (young people) want to hear. sad

paddyann Sun 25-Jun-17 14:09:03

being a republican isn't a crime you know,and as for the armed forces I'm sure like most of us who are CND members Mr Corbyn knows full well that we need more conventional forces BUT we need to stop using tham as political tools or for plundering other nations for our own gain .I too want an end to the monarchy ...but I'm happy to wait until the present queen dies.I want Trident gone...its housed right next to my granchildrens schools and homes and the base has polluted the water and erected barbed wire fences all over the peninsula .As there are only 520 jobs reliant on the "deterrent" its not ABOUT jobs as our local MSP would have us believe and as Phillip Hammond says North Korea having a nuclear deterrent makes them a target not safer ....just replace NK for the UK

paddyann Sun 25-Jun-17 14:10:32

Jane10 almoost evryone I know has these views and we are all well over 60 ,so not all "young people" at all

petra Sun 25-Jun-17 14:21:44

'Guts'!! This is a man who nearly kacked his pants when an ITV reporter wanted to question him.

Rigby46 Sun 25-Jun-17 14:34:19

The level of crude language, infantile, low level, coarse, goady posts on GN today takes the proverbial MN biscuit - I'd be more intellectually challenged by watching the Tellytubbies.

Ana Sun 25-Jun-17 14:35:58

biscuit

Jane10 Sun 25-Jun-17 14:53:15

People typically surround themselves with others sharing the same opinions paddyann and others. I suppose it comes as a shock to find people who don't think the same as you. Tracey Ullman captured that phenomenon very well in her recent programme. She could have based it on GN contributors.

GillT57 Sun 25-Jun-17 14:54:21

Never heard Corbyn 'dissing' the monarchy, although I am sure some will be delighted to correct me

whitewave Sun 25-Jun-17 14:56:30

There are as I said on another thread a lot of unsubstantiated claims being posted today.

GillT57 Sun 25-Jun-17 15:35:44

I think it is all the Brexiteers Whitewave grin they are trying to deflect the scrutiny, afraid that they too will see that they have been well and truly had by a bunch of unscrupulous liars.

daphnedill Sun 25-Jun-17 15:46:21

That's the beauty of Twitter and social media in general Jane10. Generally, the people I know in real life have similar views to myself, but it's interesting to read opposing views online. I couldn't stand spending more than a few minutes with such people in real life. Life really is too short!

sukysue Sun 25-Jun-17 15:49:57

What are his views on the monarchy and the queen? Does anyone really know ?

Jane10 Sun 25-Jun-17 15:50:34

Me a 'brexiteer'? How very dare you!
Non Corbyn fans are not necessarily pro Brexit just not impressed by Corbyn.
Actually I'm quite looking forward to his bluff being called and him actually having to practice what he preaches.
I'm old school though- I liked Gordon Brown.

GillT57 Sun 25-Jun-17 16:00:02

I do agree though with whoever said that it is a pity Corbyn the Messiah didn't preach to the young about getting their votes in for a Remain. We could all be in a far less worrying place now if he did.

paddyann Sun 25-Jun-17 16:04:32

no surprise there ,look how well his federal britain turned out!! I dont surround myself with people who think the same ,it may surprise you to know that I work with people from all backgrounds who are CND members and have been for decades,SOME OF THEM ARE EVEN TORIES,shock horror .I joined while I was still at school and I feel just as passionate about getting rid of it now as I did then 50 years ago .I believe from what I've read that Mr Corbyn is a republican Like I said before its not a criminal offence YET .Conventional forces mmake much more sense in this world of terrorism,you cant nuke a suicide bomber or a guy in a van .

Ruth1958 Sun 25-Jun-17 16:06:41

He, Corbyn is despicable, while he sits spewing guff our PM is supporting those who keep us safe. While Red Len earns £140000 and had a HUGE pay rise and of course lives in a mansion ...we are supposed to believe these 'all men are equal, but of course some are just more equal than others'....need I say more?

Ruth1958 Sun 25-Jun-17 16:10:20

The messiah was a man called Jesus Christ....Corbyn is an atheist....I dont think people have a clue about anything anymore....let's thank the left wing teachers, social workers, NHS workers ...red, red, red, militant, undemocratic and of course the BBC propaganda machine!?

Anniebach Sun 25-Jun-17 16:11:13

Sin Fein MP's will not take their seats in parliament because they want shot of queenie. Corbyn man of honour has been swearing allegiance to her since 1983 yet wants rid of her ,

Ruth1958 Sun 25-Jun-17 16:11:37

He won't even sing the national anthem....says a great deal

Anniebach Sun 25-Jun-17 16:12:20

Corbyn wanted out of the EU so didn't even take part in tv debates , yep man of honour

MamaCaz Sun 25-Jun-17 16:13:53

Our PM supporting those who keep us safe??? Try telling that to the police!

whitewave Sun 25-Jun-17 16:14:52

Um annie false facts I'm afraid.

Corbyn said throughout the referendum that he was 70% remain as there were issues he found difficult with the EU.
A situation millions found they agreed with.

Ruth1958 Sun 25-Jun-17 16:15:24

You really do need to understand Corbyn has been around for a long time...he's not new...there is Soooo oo much information ..just Google it...make sure you choose a reliable source. He's about as truthful as our friend Dddddiiiane Abbot?????

Ps there has just been an election too

Ruth1958 Sun 25-Jun-17 16:16:26

No they just wanted control of UK back