Gransnet forums

News & politics

I Will Deal With It

(711 Posts)
Anniebach Sun 23-Jul-17 13:25:07

If you have a worry/problem or are concerned about an injustice ,voice your concerns and the person you voice them to replies 'I Will Deal With It' what would you expect?

Ana Sun 23-Jul-17 16:33:23

According to the link I posted, he certainly suggested that he was thinking along those lines nightowl.

M0nica Sun 23-Jul-17 16:33:54

What JC did not say in his Marr show interview is that you can pack a consistency party association with people from one side of a political party and get them to campaign to deselect the constituency MP and look virtuous and say that is the choice of the people at constituency level.

Other people call it entryism. It is not just political parties that suffer (encourage?) this. Other group are also prone to it. Look at what has happened to the RSPCA as a result of animal rights and anti-hunting activists joining in large numbers.

The only consolation, as the RSPCA debacle has illustrated is that 'entryism' in any form is eventually destructive of the organisation it seeks to enter and take over.

Anniebach Sun 23-Jul-17 16:39:05

Then instead of saying 'I Will Deal with it' why not say ' I hope we can find ways to help with these debts '.

Hence jy question , what would you expect if someone said to you 'I Will Deal With It'

Anniebach Sun 23-Jul-17 16:42:07

Spot on MOinca, and this is what has been taking place since a far left leader was elected

durhamjen Sun 23-Jul-17 16:42:43

May voted against bringing in student fees in the first place. What about her support for increasing them to £9000?

Ana Sun 23-Jul-17 16:44:37

What about it? This is a thread about Corbyn.

Anniebach Sun 23-Jul-17 16:47:45

This isn't about May , there are Tory threads, this is about what was taken as a promise by Corbyn when he said 'I Will Deal With It ' I accept bringing May into it is the usual way to divert a thread away from any criticism of the blessed Jeremy

gillybob Sun 23-Jul-17 16:50:49

Exactly Annibach

durhamjen Sun 23-Jul-17 16:52:49

It's about student fees.
If the Tories want to win the next election, according to some on here, all they have to do is promise to abolish student fees and fickle students will flock to the Tories, as if that's all they care about. I think you'll find it isn't.

Ana Sun 23-Jul-17 16:59:27

Hmm...seemed a lot of them voted LibDem when they promised not to introduce fees (and couldn't keep that promise, of course).

rosesarered Sun 23-Jul-17 17:05:37

It was a cynical youth vote grabbing gambit ab and so obvious.

Anniebach Sun 23-Jul-17 17:06:55

No it is not about student fees , it is a question , what do you expect if someone says 'I Will Deal With It'

durhamjen Sun 23-Jul-17 17:07:47

So no major party has kept its promises on student fees.
Corbyn has never been in government before, but I'd be surprised if voting against student fees wasn't one of the times he rebelled, and rightly so.

Anniebach Sun 23-Jul-17 17:09:37

It certainly was Roses, it worked for the Libs

Anniebach Sun 23-Jul-17 17:11:48

Not about bringing in student fees though is it ?

devongirl Sun 23-Jul-17 17:13:48

Surely there are plenty of approaches to dealing with fees other than writing them off which would come under the umbrella of 'I Will Deal With It', for example, increasing the threshold at which loans are paid back, putting a cap on (or even cancelling) interest, reducing the period after which the loan is written off...

durhamjen Sun 23-Jul-17 17:17:23

Not about student fees?
Okay, if someone says I will deal with it, I expect them to deal with it whatever it is, when they are in a position to.

My son quite regularly deals with things for me when he says he will. He's kind like that.
Since I had my aortic dissection I can't do heavy work, like decorating which requires lifting furniture out of the way. I can't even move the settee to vac underneath it. Both he and his wife very kindly tell me to leave it, they will deal with it.

rosesarered Sun 23-Jul-17 17:20:10

I think your DS and DIL may well be more reliable than Corbyn ever would prove to be djen if ever he got into power ( God forbid !)

Anniebach Sun 23-Jul-17 17:21:55

And do they Deal With It .jen ? I hope so

Ana Sun 23-Jul-17 17:25:00

Why don't you read what he actually said, durhamjen?

durhamjen Sun 23-Jul-17 17:31:09

It's not about tuition fees and Corbyn, Ana.
Annie said so.

Anniebach Sun 23-Jul-17 17:44:24

but much interest in the Corbyn promise 'I Will Deal With It ' and now his denial

Anniebach Sun 23-Jul-17 17:48:18

True Devongirl, but when the papers headlines read .Corbyn to repay student loans he didn't say - no, I didn't say that , suppose he was too busy with the election

MamaCaz Sun 23-Jul-17 17:55:01

I must be missing something because firstly, in the pre-election context of existing student debt, I interpret " i will deal with that" as meaning "I will look at what can be done about this", and more importantly, in that same pre- election context, I automatically assume it to mean "if / when I am elected." He wasn't, so end of, no?
Blimey, if we want to go into what the Tories promised at the last two elections that they couldn't or wouldn't deliver following re-election,we would be here all day!
But perhaps I am ignorant of some other piece of information?

Anniebach Sun 23-Jul-17 18:49:38

But the media were saying he was going to wipe out the debts, he remained silent, your interoretstiin of it now is what he said today , just as well he didn't win because there would have been very disappointed voters, the ones who said on twitter he was to pay of the debts ,and praised him , he was a legend