Gransnet forums

News & politics

Explosion on a tube train

(56 Posts)
Teetime Fri 15-Sep-17 09:59:27

Just getting reports of an explosion on a Tube train at Parsons Green

petra Sun 17-Sep-17 19:30:54

nonnie
I can argue your viewpoint from my own personnel experience.
My father was a violent dishonest crook. He went to prison, he mixed with very serious criminals. He owned a gun and once pointed it at me.
Did I go down that route, no, from a very young age I knew it was wrong.
Your very disillusioned if you think these murdering scum don't know the difference.

Chewbacca Sun 17-Sep-17 19:46:01

"Teen arrested on suspicion of planting Tube bomb 'an Iraqi orphan refugee who moved to the UK aged 15, 3 years ago', London Evening Standard.

He must have witnessed such appalling and terrible things in Iraq and in his journey to get to the UK. Which makes me wonder why, now that he's been shown such kindness and support by his foster parents and the British people; why would he want to maim and kill us? He's done other refugees no favours at all.

petra Sun 17-Sep-17 20:21:55

That's assuming that he is 15 and from Iraq and is an orphan.
How did he prove he was from Iraq. Not with language, Iraq share Arabic with 19 other countries. How did he prove he was an orphan. Did our home office phone their opposite counterparts in Baghdad, I don't think so. No, it was all taken on his say so.

merlotgran Sun 17-Sep-17 20:30:28

The foster parents are elderly. The husband is 88. No doubt over the years they have provided loving homes for children in need. There must be many who have reason to be forever grateful to them.

I can't help thinking though that there should now be an upper age limit for fostering refugee children. Times have changed and there's a need for constant vigilance.

I don't know if it's been confirmed but I saw on a newsfeed this morning that guns and a bomb may have been found on the premises. The foster parents are in no way to blame for what's happened but surely there must now be closer monitoring of families who are fostering refugees?

lemongrove Sun 17-Sep-17 22:27:26

As Petra says, he may well have been 20 or more and not fifteen, and who knows which country he came from.
He may well have come here to cause death and destruction.