Gransnet forums

News & politics

Other baby news

(139 Posts)
grannyactivist Mon 23-Apr-18 17:03:30

Along with gillybob, glamma and, I think, MissAdventure (?) I'm waiting for a call to say that my daughter has gone into labour. Anyone else got a baby due imminently?
Whilst typing this I just got a text from my foster son to say his 3 months pregnant wife has started bleeding. Oh no!

kittylester Mon 30-Apr-18 08:33:59

Bumped!!

glammanana Mon 30-Apr-18 08:38:31

GA Thinking of you and wishing you a safe journey it won't be long before you hold your new little one.
We are still waiting for our Grand DIL to start labour she has been having slow labour since Thursday her due date was Saturday she has been to hospital twice and sent home as they said she was only 4cms,so we expect to hear something soon poor girl is exhausted and my DGS is a wreck but has gone to work this morning whilst we baby sit my GGD and her sister stays with her she has been told to not go to hospital until her waters break.

Anniebach Mon 30-Apr-18 08:43:36

Grannyactivist, thinking of you x

Iam64 Mon 30-Apr-18 08:58:44

Thinking of all the grannies and mothers to be - it's rarely straightforward is it x

gillybob Mon 30-Apr-18 08:59:34

Well after a long night and a very traumatic Labour we finally have our baby girl !
A petite 6lb 5oz . “Evie”

Thank you to everyone for messages , prayers and good wishes .xx

Thinking if your DD GrannyA and hoping for a safe, speedy delivery .

Iam64 Mon 30-Apr-18 09:07:19

That's great news gillybob, congratulations to all x

harrigran Mon 30-Apr-18 09:08:14

Many congratulations gilly, sounds as if your poor DD has been through the mill.
Best wishes to ga and DD for their expected delivery.

Anniebach Mon 30-Apr-18 09:08:35

Gilly, wonderful, wonderful news, welcome Evie ?

glammanana Mon 30-Apr-18 09:09:12

Congratulations gillybob on the safe arrival of "Evie" such a lovely girly name.Well done to you DD.flowers

Pittcity Mon 30-Apr-18 09:23:10

Congratulations gillybob and family xx

kittylester Mon 30-Apr-18 09:56:17

Congratulations, gilly and your daughter. I love the name! Hope all is ok with everyone after your traumatic time. flowerswine

Mamie Mon 30-Apr-18 10:10:42

Lovely news Gillybob ??

grannyactivist Mon 30-Apr-18 10:16:38

Congratulations on the birth of little Evie gilly, I'm so pleased for you as I know how much this baby has been longed for. flowers
We're in the ant-natal room with contractions coming regularly. Waters broke at 5.20 or so this morning, but this baby doesn't seem in any hurry.

annsixty Mon 30-Apr-18 11:04:37

So happy for you all gilly.
Hope for good news soon from ga
New babies are wonderful.

Jane10 Mon 30-Apr-18 11:10:31

Oh that's lovely gillybob. Such good news. So many of us have been worrying about her and we don't even know her. It must have been awful for you (and her!). Well done all round. Now go and have a good rest!

paddyann Mon 30-Apr-18 11:58:44

Welcome to the world Evie,its sometimes not a great place but its full of wonderful things and amazing people,and you have a whole crowd of them on your side from this day forward.Congratulations granny enjoy every minute x

Maggiemaybe Mon 30-Apr-18 12:17:44

Lovely news, lovely name, gillybob, many congratulations! flowers

And some more flowers for grannyactivist, glammanana and any other GNers nervously awaiting new arrivals. Best wishes to you all.

Jalima1108 Mon 30-Apr-18 13:34:59

Lovely news gillybob and welcome to baby Evie flowers

And thoughts and best wishes are with all those awaiting news

Luckygirl Mon 30-Apr-18 14:01:55

Evie - that's cute! Congratulations to all.

merlotgran Mon 30-Apr-18 14:52:48

Congratulations, gilly and family.

nanaK54 Mon 30-Apr-18 15:10:25

Huge congrats to you and your family gillybob (we have an Evie too, lovely name!)

grannyactivist Mon 30-Apr-18 17:05:00

Hope you're not to tired to have enjoyed lovely cuddles with baby Evie gilly. Our little baby is in no hurry to put in an appearance yet, this is a long, slow labour. The midwives are wonderful!

Juggernaut Mon 30-Apr-18 18:11:43

Many, many congrats to the whole family, but obviously especially to you and your daughter Gillybob!
"Welcome to the world little Evie, may your life be full of love and laughter!"

cornergran Mon 30-Apr-18 21:10:50

Good news •gillybob•. Congratulations to you all.

gillybob Tue 01-May-18 08:02:43

Thank you everyone for lovely messages I can’t tell you how much they mean to me. Baby Evie is doing very well indeed considering her a very long labour and a quite traumatic arrival. My DD being kept in hospital for a couple of nights to get her BP stabilised. DH and I spent an hour at the hospital with them last night where we both enjoyed a lovely cuddle. She’s meeting her 3 cousins for a short visit tonight who simply can’t wait to see her “in real life” says my grandson.

My DD had given up ever being a mum and was worried whether she “could do it” looking at her yesterday she is a natural and I just know this little angel’s life is going to be bursting with love and happiness.

Hope you have a baby by now GA can’t wait to hear from you. smile