Gransnet forums

News & politics

Labour Live 2018 concert

(168 Posts)
Anniebach Sun 17-Jun-18 10:10:41

Did it take place?

First email I received regarding this event tickets £35. Last mail received tickets £10 and free travel to London.

There were 15,000 tickets for sale , according to the Guardian 2,500 were sold. It was to follow the success of Glastonbury last year .

UNITE offered 1,000 free tickets and free travel.

Pop stars due to appear -The Magic Numbers, Hookworms and Rae Morris

Anniebach Tue 26-Jun-18 20:16:41

niggly, he doesn’t know the difference between the Labour Party and the Corbyn-Momentum party.

Anyone who believes 116 Labour MP’s voted with the government because Corbyn granted a free vote knows little or nothing of the true Labour Party,

Anniebach Tue 26-Jun-18 20:10:27

We certaintly did POGS, you were right I was wrong, still angry with myself for believing he was a man of principles, at least Margaret Hodge was taken in too, ‘ I thought he was a decent man, i now think he is a devious man .

Grandad1943’s assertions of me are of very little interest, he has said himself he is a ‘Johnnie come lately’ not even a party member when he joined this forum.

nigglynellie Tue 26-Jun-18 20:05:41

For heavens sake Grandad, how many more times does annie have to tell you what her concerns are with the leadership of the Labour party! What is there not to understand?!! If I, an elderly Tory supporter can grasp annie's position, then surely someone as politically astute as you shouldn't have any difficulty at all! A bit of respect for other people's point of view would be refreshing!!
As for party membership. Quite frankly, I'd rather have no supporters at all than the rabble that support Corbyn and his pals.

POGS Tue 26-Jun-18 19:56:50

since the inception of Momentum.

POGS Tue 26-Jun-18 19:56:00

Grandad 1943

I suggest you take the time, when the World Cup has fini shed of course, to look at older threads from at least two years ago to be able to make your 'assertions' of Anniebach.

I repeat , you are mistaken and I should know as Anniebach and I have had some corkers of differing political opinions and quite possibly some of the worst were her defence of Corbyn whom he she declared as voting for and my distrust of Corbyn and Momentum which I have made well known since the

Anniebach Tue 26-Jun-18 18:23:38

Not anti .labour, I am anti Corbyn , anti Momentum , anti Unions with too much power.

I thought you Grandad1943, with your knowledge of UNITE, which you so freely share , would /could tell who McClusky has lined up to take over from Corbyn

Grandad1943 Tue 26-Jun-18 18:08:53

So you have so often stated anniebatch. So, why are you so anti Labour even when the changes you have wanted for so long may be on the horizon?

Anyway, I am of to watch Argentina play Nigeria in the World Cup and hopefully see Argentina go out of the tournament, oh joy.......oh joy.

Anniebach Tue 26-Jun-18 18:01:46

Grandad1943, you really think my posts on this forum is my sole contribution to the Labour Party , you are so wrong. I share my views on Corbyn, my work for the true Labour Party is much more.

Anniebach Tue 26-Jun-18 17:58:31

Grandad1943, I do not have ‘claimed’ fifty year membership, I do have a letter confirming my fifty year membership , thanking me for my contribution as a party member for fifty years . as you are not a member you will never receive one .

Grandad1943 Tue 26-Jun-18 17:58:29

anniebach, it may well be that your wish for a change of leader in the Labour party will soon come about. Therefore, why do you not engage in bringing about that change, rather than "decrying" all those that are considering bringing forward that change.

I genuinely do not understand your attitude?

Anniebach Tue 26-Jun-18 17:53:32

Well even Corbyn had enough sense not to do any other than a free vote, he knew which way the wind was blowing , well his advisors did

Grandad1943 Tue 26-Jun-18 17:53:15

Perhaps anniebach it would be better if Conservative Central Office emailed you in regard to their next leader as you seem to have more affinity to them than the Labour party even with your "claimed" fifty year membership.

Grandad1943 Tue 26-Jun-18 17:48:06

It was a free vote in Labour on Heathrow. grin

Grandad1943 Tue 26-Jun-18 17:46:52

Yes, as the link states, the Conservative Bow Group advises is that the average age of its membership is 72, and they should know they are part of the party.

Of course it would help if the Tory Central Office actually furnished us all with audit certified figures on their membership.

Anniebach Tue 26-Jun-18 17:44:07

116 Labour MP’s voted against the leader’s wishes, what a pathetic oposition leader.

Grandad1943 Tue 26-Jun-18 17:40:39

T.May also has to let her Foreign Secretary go on a short hop to Afghanistan rather than have him "kick up a stink against her" in regard to the Heathrow extension. What a pathetic government.

Anniebach Tue 26-Jun-18 17:39:25

You missed the link from Full Fact grandad1943, you are mistaken

fullfact.org/news/how-old-average-conservative-party-member/

Grandad1943 Tue 26-Jun-18 17:34:16

T.May is now so weak that her own Defence Secretary tells her "give me twenty billion or I will bring you down". Pathetic

I don't think the Labour leader has that sort of rebellion on his hands at this point in time.

Grandad1943 Tue 26-Jun-18 17:30:03

Now that is what I call pathetic.

Grandad1943 Tue 26-Jun-18 17:27:37

With an average age of seventy two according to the same Bow Group. blush

Grandad1943 Tue 26-Jun-18 17:25:49

But of course when T.May addresses the Conservative party it really is the few, seventy thousand in total membership according to their own Bow Group.grin

Anniebach Tue 26-Jun-18 17:17:33

That was his speech for the Labour Live,it was in an email, Jeremy will address the crowds ‘for the many not the few’

Just the crowds didn’t turn up

Jalima1108 Tue 26-Jun-18 17:07:22

Not my words - but I wish they were grin

nigglynellie Tue 26-Jun-18 17:05:33

Jalima???!!

Jalima1108 Tue 26-Jun-18 16:59:36

^ One of the obvious problems of performing under the slogan of “For the Many” is when only a few of them turn up.^

The Guardian, 16th June