Gransnet forums

News & politics

What’s happened to Nigel’s hair? ( warning: this is shallow gossip)

(97 Posts)
suzied Fri 29-Jun-18 07:29:10

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018/06/brexit-campaigner-nigel-farage-forced-to-deny-he-dyed-his-hair-to-emulate-trump.html

I know this is shallow but you’ve got to laugh?

Jalima1108 Sat 30-Jun-18 21:02:58

ps as recommended on GN!!

Iam64 Sat 30-Jun-18 22:17:46

I'm me in the main as well Jalima. I love not colouring my hair, I'm now 2 years liberated. I rarely wear makeup, never paint my nails and Botox, the idea gives me the eebie jeebies. I do have a bit of product for my face, it's a light foundation (so I'm told) and when I'm feeling 90, I slap a bit on to cover the worse damage achieved over many years spent outdoors as much as possible in any weather.

MawBroon Sat 30-Jun-18 22:26:54

Fake nails, fake tan, dyed hair, Botox SoleParentFamily???
I do hope the sort of employment that suggests is just a product of my overactive imagination.
If I had had to resort to any of the above to get, let alone keep, a job I would consider my entire education to have been wasted.
Please put me out of my misery.
In the cast of TOWIE?
Perfume salesperson at House of Fraser?
White House spokesperson?
If we do live in an ageist society it is actions like those you quote which perpetuate the nonsense.

Jalima1108 Sat 30-Jun-18 23:03:22

never paint my nails
I must confess that I use a clear varnish called Nail Nurse in the (vain) hope that it will stop my nails splitting and peeling.
And face cream + some blusher and lippie.

I have flirted with the idea of having lowlights in my hair!
So I am not entirely au naturel blush
ps I paint my toe nails too (they are not fit to be seen otherwise).

Oh dear, I must be succumbing to all this ageist propaganda.

Lyndiloo Sun 01-Jul-18 03:06:25

I don't think he's changed his hair colour at all. Fake (spiteful) news! It's just the photo', and the way it's 'come out'. (Like a recent photo' of me in a red top, came out as bright pink!) Leave the bloke alone!

BlueBelle Sun 01-Jul-18 06:53:30

Why are you so cruel to him Lyndiloo ??? he would hate people to ‘ leave him alone ‘ he thrives on attention good bad or ugly he wallows in being talked about

ooonana Sun 01-Jul-18 07:59:39

Sorry got to laugh, read the post title and thought it meant Monty Dons Nigel ! He’s my favourite Nigel ❤️

Jalima1108 Sun 01-Jul-18 14:18:32

We all love Nigel smile
(Monty Don's Nigel that is!)

mimiro Sun 01-Jul-18 16:25:26

mawhave done the same husband died a year ago,just 2 days ago gave 360 books to old friend making ends meet with an online bookstore.still have 4 floor to ceiling shelves full.tried the one in one out but so many i want o go back to in a couple years.and unfortunatelly library doesn't carry them.
have devised a system of oldest getting reread and out the
door.i bring in about 5 a month
am on a scandi noir kick also just discovered tana french.
i think they breed when we aren't looking

mimiro Sun 01-Jul-18 16:26:34

oh and have enough nightmares with rump dont know who nigel is

DanniRae Sun 01-Jul-18 20:14:15

Monty Don's Nigel mimiro is a beautiful, golden retriever, and there is a beautiful, female golden retriever too but can't recall her name. They follow Monty around when he is gardening and - to me - are the highlight of the programme!

Jalima1108 Sun 01-Jul-18 20:27:57

Nellie on the left and Nigel on the right:
(that's Monty in the middle smile)

Iam64 Sun 01-Jul-18 20:31:15

That is a much more attractive photograph than the one of Nigel at the start of this thread. A man who loves dogs sunshine

Jalima1108 Sun 01-Jul-18 20:32:34

Lovely photo, isn't it
And the dogs look rather nice too

Iam64 Sun 01-Jul-18 20:33:48

grin

MawBroon Sun 01-Jul-18 22:11:37

What a very nice picture of the three of them!
Nigel is such a character!

lemongrove Sun 01-Jul-18 22:20:42

Jalima sorry to hear about your fake tan debacle.....tell us more! grin
Another Nail Nurse user here, due to much gardening my nails never get long but I live in hope, and at least keep them clean and shiny.

lemongrove Sun 01-Jul-18 22:23:12

Paul McCartney’s hair (wig?) always looks dreadful, as do some other well known faces on tv, and yet they have pots of money.....it’s a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

Jalima1108 Sun 01-Jul-18 22:54:15

The 'fake tan' was the rather expensive one recommended on another thread, you put a couple of drops in with face cream, mix and apply at night.
I put an extra couple of drops in, and instead of a healthy rosy brown tan, I looked yellow and rather jaundiced.

GillT57 Mon 02-Jul-18 10:37:14

Agree about Tom Jones, her looks far better, and younger with his grey hair. As for Cliff Richard.....well, my Dad used to refer to that colour of hair as Cherry Blossom, as in the brown shoe polish. Bu getting back to Nigel Farage, I think he is loathsome whatever he does with his hair, but he does look silly in this photo!

varian Mon 02-Jul-18 12:10:40

Farage's appearance, though pretty revolting, is the least offensive thing about him. He has that in common with Trump.