Gransnet forums

News & politics

The idiot Trump!

(237 Posts)
phoenix Thu 12-Jul-18 18:12:44

Well, according to him, we have voted to "break up the EU"

Erm, no, the vote was just for leaving. Just goes to show how much of a grasp he has.

I despair, that such an ill informed person is in such a position

I feel sorry for the Queen, having to be polite to such a predatory, sexually assaulting, obnoxious oik.

Iam64 Sat 14-Jul-18 09:46:59

Trump is a Narcissistic bully. He doesn't tell it like it is, he isn't someone who'd be honest to your face, rather than grumble behind your back, he's just plain rude and totally self absorbed. Any man who'd step in front of a 92 year old woman, then walk at a pace someone half his height and 20 plus hears older couldn't possibly keep up with, is plain rude. I could accept rudeness if he had a modicum of self awareness or a modicum of humanity. Dreadful man.

mostlyharmless Sat 14-Jul-18 09:47:25

It all proves we should never trust Trump. He publicly criticised May, her Brexit plan, Sadiq Kahn, our “fake news” press and then, the next day, denied doing it!
We should never trust him with trade deals post Brexit. He wants us to have a hard Brexit so that we are just minnows for America to exploit in trade deals with chlorinated chicken, buying up parts of the NHS etc.
I hope he is never allowed an official visit again. What a rude, arrogant, deceitful person.

Auntieflo Sat 14-Jul-18 09:48:28

I naively thought DT was nearly being a gentleman, and assisting TM down the steps. hmm. DH says that DT has a fear/phobia about going down steps. I don't know. Just saying, not standing up for him.

sarahcyn Sat 14-Jul-18 09:48:48

Theresa’s red dress wasn’t her best look. But one thing I have to say for her over the past few weeks: When the going gets tough, Theresa goes shopping. She may be making a total hash of things but she’s been really rocking the power dressing, with some fabulous workwear. She’s tall and slim and makes the most of it. The one bit of her job she’s well up to is the fact that being a woman PM, she’s going to have her appearance raked over every day.
Angela Merkel apparently took a different tack when she became Chancellor. She decided to wear basically exactly the same outfit every day, hoping that eventually people would stop noticing what she’s wearing.

gillybob Sat 14-Jul-18 09:49:08

I was loosely quoting what Oiers Nirgan has written Iam .

razzmatazz Sat 14-Jul-18 09:49:14

I was horrified to see him cut across the Queen and walk in front of her ! She was then walking behind him and trying to get in front. Awful disregard for protocol.

gillybob Sat 14-Jul-18 09:50:21

Who the hell is Oiers Nirgan ? confused Must be a ghost writer .

Piers Morgan !

Grannyart234 Sat 14-Jul-18 09:51:48

Well said, I wish the Queen could send him packing. What an oik the American population may have to put up with this ignoramus but WE do NOT send him home and do not invite him again.

gillybob Sat 14-Jul-18 09:51:56

Was that on TV razzmatazz ? I can only find a silly speeded up version online that makes it look like they’re doing a Texas two step !

sarahcyn Sat 14-Jul-18 09:52:30

Apparently a lot of the rumours about Trump being rude to the Queen have been made up.
I don’t like him any more than anyone else. But there is a lot of fake news (we used to call it gossip and rumour in the old days, didn’t we?) generated by all sides.

123coco Sat 14-Jul-18 09:53:52

NOTGRANDMA. - we cant have been looking at the same women. I gather you are probably a Conservative voter but really TM looked like a saggy stooped, too much flesh showing mutton dressed as lamb. And I am really into fashion! Good ( lack of ) underwear always lets her down! And that rear slit was just almost stopping where it should!
A bit of makeup to give her grey palor a lift might have helped. But if you will dine with the devil don’t except any good to come of it .

Iam64 Sat 14-Jul-18 09:54:45

sarahcy - oh come on! Fake news reels then? Various tv and other media outlets have video's of his walking in front of the Queen, her attempts to get around him.
I don't read/like the Sun but it's the Donald's kind of paper, now he's accusing them of Fake News
gillybob - I realised you were summarising Oiers grin

123coco Sat 14-Jul-18 09:58:14

Michelled Obama always excluded class ( and graciousness at formal events , a couple who are truly in love , sorry but TM never exudes class or graciousness and despite being a Christian never exudes love either in what she says or does. I often wonder if she has ever read the New Testament with its message of tolerance and equality. She often shows too much cleavage, which perhaps wouldnt look so bad if only SHE WOULD GET FITTED FOR A BRA!

gillybob Sat 14-Jul-18 09:59:00

Maybe a bit of Chinese whispers 123coco the truth getting expanded and exaggerated to make the story much more juicy .

gillybob Sat 14-Jul-18 09:59:22

Next he will have kicked her maj in the shins !

maddyone Sat 14-Jul-18 09:59:25

Jalima, that’s not like you shock

maddyone Sat 14-Jul-18 10:00:16

I mean your post of 20.07 last night.

gillybob Sat 14-Jul-18 10:00:28

Oops apologies that should have been to sarahcyn not 123coco blush

Anniebach Sat 14-Jul-18 10:00:39

More fake news? The White House has released the latest on his movements -

he has left the U.K. to visit Scotland

123coco Sat 14-Jul-18 10:01:24

He did walk infront of the Queen. All fake news come from the gutter press called the Daily Mail,
The Queen had to walk around him. All about him. A world apart from how the Obamas were with her. Pity Phillip wasn’t there to make one of his famous gaffes. On this occasion I wouldn’t have felt mortified but ecstatic.

Pebbles77 Sat 14-Jul-18 10:04:18

gillybob Most Americans are in awe .of the Queen ...having you heard of their obsession with “Tea with the Queen”? .... and anything Royal ... he said she was his Hero .... many Brits are not in awe but the Americans are ... i thought that was general knowledge

maddyone Sat 14-Jul-18 10:05:35

There has been a lot of talk about chlorinated chickens coming in from America IF we ever had a trade deal with them, but in order to transport them across the ocean, one assumes they’d need to be frozen. I’ll carry on buying my free range, organic, British chickens thank you very much. Anyone would think from the press that we’d have to buy American chickens, nobody makes you buy anything.

sluttygran Sat 14-Jul-18 10:06:14

Watching the video of Trump with the Queen was a bit of an eye-opener.
Forget she’s our Queen, and look at it from the perspective of a very elderly lady. He treated her in the most disrespectful, casual and off-hand way.
I’m not much of a Royal fan, but I felt like further breaking protocol and giving the poor old duck a hug.
As for Trump and his refreshingly honest attitude, I am rather hostile to those who are so proud of ‘saying it like it is’
They are unfailingly crass and arrogant, vulgar, appallingly rude and more often than not they are ill informed to the point of ignorance.
Up yours, Donald Trump.

maddyone Sat 14-Jul-18 10:17:37

Lots of discussion about Melania on the thread. I feel a bit a bit sorry for her really, but I guess she chose the man. I don’t suppose she ever thought he’d end up as president when she married him. And I’m not sure she relishes being First Lady, but I do think she’s growing into the role. Of course Michelle Obama was/is stunningly beautiful, and was a wonderful First Lady, but I think Melania is simply a rather shy woman who is growing into a role she never wanted. The pictures in the press of her laughing and smiling when she’s engaging with the public, in a tightly controlled way of course, do her justice. And I think she always dresses well and attractively. I loved the VB dress she wore yesterday, and the beautiful yellow gown for dinner with the PM.

Lyndie Sat 14-Jul-18 10:22:55

I can’t understand such vitriol against DT. We have politicians who don’t answer a question. We never know what’s going on because they effectively lie by not saying anything and yet all that energy against DT should be pointed against our government. The government don’t trade with anyone. Individuals do. If we don’t like chlorinated chicken then we have to put regulations in for trade but we are scared because our government don’t look after us . So we shout at DT. He’s an old man with an arrogant history and nobody will politely put him in his place. He is old and can’t be bothered to look at the detail but just says what he wants. We have lots of trade with the US anyway. Lots of companies here are American. People don’t want brexit to ensure they retain these jobs with these awful powerful global companies. He attacks all races and creeds. Some men of his age didn’t have respect for women at a time when the state didn’t and were racists. Hopefully they know better now. As for his wife. She’s like many women married to old powerful men. It’s a trade off. Also I think he holds TM hand because she looks unsteady and walks like she is in pain. And needs help. He is just too boastful for me. I hate that trait. Not at all humble or mannered but we are a different culture.