Gransnet forums

News & politics

Corbyn in trouble

(142 Posts)
Anniebach Sun 02-Sep-18 09:18:50

John McDonald gave an interview yesterday concerned the party could split.

A spokeswoman for UNITE just gave an interview, she thinks Corbyn is naive, fights for the underdog even if they are wrong. Is guided by the wrong people such as Seumas Milne who are not labour members.

The party is not now the party she has always known.

Then praised John McDonald

Grandad1943 Mon 03-Sep-18 20:20:02

Anniebach, he/she post any number of times each and every day on Corbyn. grin

MaizieD Mon 03-Sep-18 20:30:00

Maisie, with respect it is not for you to tell varian or any poster what they are or not allowed to ask.

And with equal respect, ab it's not for you to tell me how to behave on Gnet...

nightowl Mon 03-Sep-18 20:37:18

Nightowl

I totally accept your point re bringing your name into a thread, albeit by using an old thread to make a point that had mentioned your name. I would like to apologise.

Thank you POGS. I accept your apology. I never found you to be anything other than polite to me in the past.

trisher Mon 03-Sep-18 20:45:11

Day6 What a strange argument. By that token Labour's Sadiq Khan IS somehow responsible for the awful and continuing spate of murderous knife crimes and shootings in London
No the levels of violence now, are the aftermath of Boris as Mayor, when the policies Ken Livingston had introduced to make London a city where people of all races, beliefs and origins could live together in harmony, were abandoned in favour of ones that created a city where only money is welcome, and the rights of the poorest are destroyed. Sadiq Khan has inherited that city and the terrible consequences, lets hope he can introduce some measures to solve the problem.

POGS Mon 03-Sep-18 20:59:44

trisher

What utter tripe!

POGS Mon 03-Sep-18 21:00:06

Nightowl

Thank you .

trisher Mon 03-Sep-18 21:10:28

Would you like to elaborate POGS?
Is it tripe that race relations in London improved under Livingston?
Is it tripe that Boris made London for the rich?- check out Mark Thomas on that. check out the numbers of poor people being moved out

POGS Mon 03-Sep-18 21:11:29

Nope

trisher Mon 03-Sep-18 21:14:26

Thought not

OldMeg Tue 04-Sep-18 07:13:45

So you take a quote of mine out of context POGS And then twist it to mean something completely different.

Am I not allowed to wonder what happened to DurhamJen or Whitewave etc. and speculate if they jumped or were pushed.

And my comment about the poverty of debate refers to certain posters who are all too much with us still.

I think we should, in general be very wary when reading posts that constantly attack individuals. I remember a certain ‘grandmother’ trying, and succeeding, to manipulate the minds of people on this forum to vote for her ‘daughter’ on Strictly. If the forum can be infiltrated in that way by a complete imposter, then we should be wary of the same happening in political threads. Who’s to say that couldn’t happen?

I’m certainly not accusing you of being a sort of internet Quisling Annie but your strong views could easily attract the support of others with an agenda of that nature.

Anniebach Tue 04-Sep-18 08:27:42

OldMeg, have you not expressed your opinions of me on a new thread this morning.

Whitewave, said she was leaving.

Jalima1108 Tue 04-Sep-18 10:11:08

Am I not allowed to wonder what happened to DurhamJen or Whitewave etc. and speculate if they jumped or were pushed.
They said they were going, exploring pastures new I understand. I pmd Whitewave but she had definitely gone. Perhaps they'll come back under new guises.

I am not sure about Etc.

Anniebach Thu 06-Sep-18 10:37:50

The Labour Party is split, far left and centre left.

Now with Momentum withdrawing support from Williamson the far left is split . Williamson is attacking Momentum, Lansman is attacking Williamson who is a Corbyn devotee.

The deputy leader has claimed Williamson is a foul mouth bully.

Latest is there will be a far left PM but Corbyn may not be the chosen one.

POGS Thu 06-Sep-18 11:08:39

Not intended to be a smart Alec Annie or trying to belittle you as I have noted has happened over the spelling of Mc Donnell but generally interested.

Do you mean Willsman not Williams?

There is of course Cris Williams MP who has a lot of coverage in the media and he is a staunch Jeremy for Leader/Momentum devotee. If he fell out with Momentum then that really would set the cat amongst the pigeons.

Anniebach Thu 06-Sep-18 11:17:59

Oops, I do have a problem with names POGS ?, I got my Williams and Willsman mixed .i was referring to Willsmsan who let rip with an anti semtetic rant at a NEC meeting.

www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/03/peter-willsman-the-labour-veteran-behind-latest-antisemitism-row

Jalima1108 Thu 06-Sep-18 12:54:00

DH does that, as did his mother. MIL was always coming out with spoonerisms too.