Gransnet forums

News & politics

This deserves its own thread - could the Government sink any lower

(31 Posts)
maryeliza54 Thu 13-Dec-18 23:47:18

www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-46554614/jess-phillips-reads-out-andrew-griffiths-beating-text-to-mps

We are truly in the swamp . He sent 2000 texts btw - not just a one-off late night ‘mistake’. JP says she intends to read all of them out when the DV bill is next back in the house - I hope she does.

Anja Fri 14-Dec-18 15:53:16

Don’t blame maryeliza it was I who reported it as libellous and GN agreed. This is a public forum. Had the person who was libelled read it, that could have resulted in action being taken.

Please don’t be so eager to rush to judgement about another poster. I hope you all have the courage to apologise to her.

Annie I know from a past experience that you can do that.

lemongrove Fri 14-Dec-18 16:20:52

MaryE you certainly would win the medal for rude replies to other posters.Impatient and dismissive posts as well.Although the comment from you once that you were the most intelligent and well educated person on GN gave me a laugh.

On the subject of MP’s and bad behaviour, there are so many from all sides of the political spectrum it’s a wonder they have time to do any work for their constituents at all.

Anniebach Fri 14-Dec-18 17:36:06

Anja. From past experience you know I can do what ?

GillT57 Fri 14-Dec-18 17:47:28

It is about time GN posters stopped sniping at each other and read what the post is about, abuse of women by someone who is elected to represent men and women, truly disgusting. Do not be distracted, read the post, be angry, but not with each other.

gmelon Fri 14-Dec-18 17:58:41

If anyone sent me such texts I'd keep them in the hope that I could get them out of a position of power. I'd not block the number.

That's what the women -We don't need to know their employment and describe them as barmaids- in this case did.
Why assume it is just about money?
Is it because they are barmaids?
Their job is the reason for unfair condemnation. IMO