Gransnet forums

News & politics

Labour official blames all world wars on Jews.

(163 Posts)
Day6 Sun 16-Dec-18 15:53:21

From the Sunday Times.

Labour suspends official who blamed ‘all wars in the world’ on Jewish people

Andrew Gilligan
December 16 2018
The Sunday Times

Mohammed Yasin pictured with leader Jeremy Corbyn

"A senior Labour Party official shared anti-semitic material blaming Jews for “all the wars in the world”."

"Labour’s West Midlands regional organiser, Mohammed Yasin, was suspended last night after The Sunday Times approached the party with a dossier of his activity on social media. Labour has launched an investigation."

"For more than two years Yasin, not to be confused with the Labour MP with a similar name, shared anti-semitic posts and 9/11 conspiracy theories, praised a homophobic preacher and described his former leader Tony Blair as a “child-killer”."

Labour's links with racism/antisemitism just won't go away. It really is time for the party to sort itself out.

Day6 Sun 16-Dec-18 16:12:31

Sorry - I forgot the links to the above article. Not sure if the Sunday Times online is in full so have posted another link. However, I imagine all today's papers are reporting the story.

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labour-suspends-official-who-blamed-all-wars-in-the-world-on-jewish-people-v7phcqftj

www.thesun.co.uk/news/7992672/top-labour-official-said-jews-were-behind-all-the-worlds-wars-and-9-11-was-a-hoax/

Anniebach Sun 16-Dec-18 16:20:08

How can the party sort anti semetism out with Corbyn as leader .

Day6 Sun 16-Dec-18 16:34:29

Yes, it's almost like an unspoken recognition that it's ok to discriminate against Jews. It's been going on too long and has intensified under Corbyn's leadership.

Surely no Jewish person in the UK votes for Labour?

EllanVannin Sun 16-Dec-18 16:48:20

I'm from Jewish ancestry on my father's side and I know for sure it wasn't the Jews who started wars. I've never voted Labour and never will and I doubt others have or will.
Corbyn has obviously never studied invasions from the year dot to read about those who usurped governments in Europe and beyond and took over many countries with their use of force and annihilation of it's peoples.

It still continues to this day but it's not the Jews to blame !

Day6 Sun 16-Dec-18 16:57:04

EllanVannin I'd be extremely angry if I were of Jewish origin. I am angry that those in the public eye can peddle such nonsense, such defamatory rubbish. Corbyn's example over the years makes it easier for others in his coterie to spout anti semitic sentiments.

Grandad1943 Sun 16-Dec-18 17:01:27

Day 6, Just as no Muslim person in the UK would vote Conservative.

However, all the evidence of racism against Muslims in the Tory party would never be published in the Sunday Times.

Racism and sexism is all around us in the UK and should be fought in all institutions, organisations and places of work where it predominates equally.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 16-Dec-18 17:10:47

Sorry to burst your theory Grandad, my neighbors are Muslim and they all
vote Conservative.

Nandalot Sun 16-Dec-18 17:18:39

Don’t forget the important point, he has been suspended.

Anja Sun 16-Dec-18 17:30:03

The state of Israel has a lot to a lot to answer for.

Grandad1943 Sun 16-Dec-18 17:48:34

GrannyGravy13, Quote [Sorry to burst your theory Grandad, my neighbours are Muslim and they all
vote Conservative] End Quote.

Yes and I am sure they have informed the whole neighbourhood of their voting preferences, GrannyGravy13 grin

GrannyGravy13 Sun 16-Dec-18 17:54:20

I doubt it we are 3 detached houses on one block.

We are friends who discuss many things, religion, fashion (theirs and ours), food and politics.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 16-Dec-18 17:55:27

Oh and we have been to their children’s weddings and vice versa.

Grandad1943 Sun 16-Dec-18 18:04:01

GrannyGravy13. grin

Day6 Sun 16-Dec-18 18:07:38

Once again Grandad you sweep under the carpet a current news item which shames Labour.

Deflecting to make it about Muslim voting preferences is not clever. Why not discuss Labour's short-comings?

Day6 Sun 16-Dec-18 18:10:03

Oh and Conservative council locally contains many Muslim members. I'd like to know why you've made up a lie about Muslim voting preferences too Grandad.

Very strange.

trisher Sun 16-Dec-18 18:20:58

There are on both sides of the Jewish/ Muslim controversy extremists who spout unacceptable and untrue rubbish. Some will undoubtedly join political parties. The Labour party has at least a means of suspending and dealing with such people. Instead of using this for political point scoring and denigration of the Labour Party it would be good to see a real and sustained effort to understand and uncover the reasons for radicalisation (particularly of British born Muslims) and to develop a strategy for combating it, especially among young people. Pretending it is purely a LP problem is ridiculous.

TerriBull Sun 16-Dec-18 18:24:18

Muslims aren't a homogenised mass that all think and act the same way, we do have Muslim mps across the political spectrum for heaven's sake. Similarly I heard, black conservative MP, Kemmie Baddenoch, comment that there is an assumption amongst some, that Labour have ownership of the black vote.

I'm amazed that anyone would generalise in such a way about any ethnicity confused

oldbatty Sun 16-Dec-18 18:25:32

Just because some members of the LP have lost their way, doesn't make the actions of the other lot any more palatable. Cruel people.

Anniebach Sun 16-Dec-18 18:29:24

Muslims ? The thread is about anti semetism

Grandad1943 Sun 16-Dec-18 18:36:51

Day6, if you review my above posts you will witness that I have not made up any lies in regard to Muslin voting preferences. I have just made some " supportive comments" on GrannyGravy13 posts.

Also, there are many instances of racism against Muslins in the Tory Party sighted on various media outlets, but of course they will not appear in the right-wing extremist press such as the Daily Mail, The Sun, or the Times or Sunday Times.

No doubt the above publications are just trying to take public attention off the Conservative party in parliament tearing itself apart.

May not even survive in in its present form according to many commentators.

Chewbacca Sun 16-Dec-18 18:37:55

Muslims? The thread is about anti semetism

Not when you're looking to deflect from the issue at discussion Anniebach! hmm

GrannyGravy13 Sun 16-Dec-18 18:45:56

Actually Grandad I questioned your post of 17.01 which stated that “Muslims do not vote Tory” which in itself is a lie.

TerriBull Sun 16-Dec-18 18:50:37

The Times and Sunday Times extremist confused oh as opposed to the unbiased reporting of The Guardian I presume, which incidentally women are ditching in droves due to the extremist and as deemed by many "misogynist" views of one of their favoured journalists.

I apologise for digressing from the original subject.

trisher Sun 16-Dec-18 18:50:45

One of the things that would put a stop to anti-semitic ideas taking hold would be if the UN decisions that Israel is in breech of were pushed by other nations and properly acted upon. One of the reasons for believing in a world wide conspiracy would then be removed.