Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump's wall

(84 Posts)
Luckygirl Sat 22-Dec-18 10:23:09

Just been reading about this - what a prize idiot that man really is!

The thought of going down the route of dividing nations in that way makes me feel sick. A huge blot on the landscape and a total waste of money.

paddyann Sat 22-Dec-18 10:44:39

Crowdfunding has apparently raised over 12 million dollars.Why would you give money to build a wall instead of to charities for children or the sick especially at this time of year?

Anja Sat 22-Dec-18 11:15:51

Corbyn allegedly mouthed that May was ac’stupid woman’ but that’s nothing compared with those who’ve voiced their opinions of Trump

A supreme sexist.”—Barbara Res, former executive vice-president of Trump Organization, who also said “he thinks he’s God.”
“Like an 11-year-old child”— Steve Bannon. The now estranged advisor also allegedly complained that he was “sick of being a wet nurse to a 71-year-old man.”
Working with Trump is “like trying to figure out what a child wants”—White House deputy chief of staff Katie Walsh
“The White House has become an adult day care center”—Republican senator Bob Corker of Tennessee
“Morally unfit to be president,” “unethical” and “untethered to truth”—former FBI director James Comey, who also compared the US president to a mafia boss.
“Less a person than a collection of terrible traits”—Trump’s former chief economic adviser Gary Cohn.
Someone who “sucks up and shits down”—former Fox News chief and confidant Roger Ailes.
“A fucking moron” Rex Tillerson Ed US Secretary of State

I think that answers your question OP!

nigglynellie Sat 22-Dec-18 11:28:19

I think its the lying to Parliament that is the issue with J.C, not so much what he said! Lying to Parliament is very serious as Mr Profumo learned to his cost.

Luckygirl Sat 22-Dec-18 11:45:38

Let us confine ourselves to bashing Turdman Plod, and leave the JC bashing to other threads! grin

Anja - thank goodness there are those who see him for what he is.

starbird Sat 22-Dec-18 11:50:06

I think they should build the wall as quickly as possible and before inserting the last few bricks, make sure that Trump, minus any money or identity papers, is on the Mexico side.

Nicenanny3 Sat 22-Dec-18 11:53:07

Love him or hate him he's carrying out his election promises.

paddyann Sat 22-Dec-18 11:53:12

Come on Niggly Mrs May lies to Parliament every time she opens her mouth and as for the rest of them they dont know what the truth is!!
Its the way of Westminster though, they still believe the electorate will think everything they say is true...ha bloody ha .
Do they relly think we dont understand the 800 BILLION inherited debt from Labour is LESS than 1. 8 TRILLION that it stands at now ,or that paying Capita or whoever for denying benefits to desperate people is a GOOD thing?
We really do need a modern day Guy Fawkes ..any vounteers ?

Luckygirl Sat 22-Dec-18 11:57:46

But he said the Mexicans would pay for the wall - that was an election promise he will not keep.

And how could anyone with a shred of sanity expect them to pay for it!? This crass fellow has his finger on the nuclear button!

Anja Sat 22-Dec-18 12:11:39

No he isn’t Nn3 he promised the Mexicans would pay. Of just spotted Lucky’s made the same point. But I’ll let me post stand for emphasis.

Unfortunately all his election ‘promises’ were hate-filled and appealed to certain people with the same mind set.

nigglynellie Sat 22-Dec-18 13:41:22

Does that include Scottish MP,s paddyann? You're right about one thing though, it would be fantastic to have a truly English parliament!!

Iam64 Sat 22-Dec-18 13:47:26

NiceNanny3- does the fact he's carrying out an election promise make it ok to behave as he does.
The man is a dangerous, manipulative, lying bar steward.

EllanVannin Sat 22-Dec-18 13:49:10

I don't think we're in a position to criticise what DT's intentions are. For that amount to have been raised speaks volumes does it not ?

Anja Sat 22-Dec-18 14:09:37

Exactly what do you think it says Ellen confused

Iam64 Sat 22-Dec-18 14:13:30

I don't hesitate to criticise DT or his intentions. He's a dangerous individual. He is giving a lot of other racists the idea their beliefs are ok. They aren't.

EllanVannin Sat 22-Dec-18 14:24:26

It wouldn't be PC to give my own personal views Anja and besides I prefer not to start WW3 on this kind of a forum.

BlueBelle Sat 22-Dec-18 14:27:43

He’s dangerous, he’s racist, he’s homophobic, he’s probably mentally ill he certainly has a lot of very childish traits worst of all his actually very limited in brains he has been likened to a fifth grader unfortunately there are always fools who will believe a leader, right or wrong Think Hitler
If they build a wall I hope he’s behind it (the wrong side, for him that is )

Buffybee Sat 22-Dec-18 14:39:20

I'm not really bothered what America does about its borders, that's up to them and their Government.
Or for that matter, China, Russia, Turkey, Japan or any other country.
I don't think that there are many Countries in the World where you can just wander in and out of without customs or border controls.

Anja Sat 22-Dec-18 15:38:14

It’s nothing to do with guarding borders though it? It’s all about getting closet racists to unite behind a cause and spread fear and hatred. In the same way that AH vilified the Jews. Even Trumps rallies have the same flavour as Hitler’s. Rabble rousing. The supreme egoists both of them. It’s all about Trump he doesn’t give a toss about America.

BB spot on.

Buffybee Sat 22-Dec-18 15:59:59

My friend lives in Gibralter and the Spanish border is manned by armed guards.
No one ever accuses the Spanish of
"getting closet racists to unite behind a cause and spread fear and hatred".
Try marching past a Spanish Guardia Civil and you would be arrested.

I'm not defending Trump as a person but America is more than just this one person.
I'm just wondering why other countries are not thought of in the same way.

absent Sat 22-Dec-18 18:50:13

There is a popular American saying about problem solving, but it seems that Donald Trump is unaware of it:

"Show me a 10-foot wall and I'll show you an 11-foot ladder".

Iam64 Sat 22-Dec-18 20:45:44

Love it absent

Anja Sun 23-Dec-18 05:40:55

WTF are you on about Buffybear? Gibraltar–Spanish border check ?

You’re ‘not defending Trump’? Nah! Of course not ?

absent Sun 23-Dec-18 05:52:19

The Trump Wall is just a vanity project.

M0nica Sun 23-Dec-18 08:29:34

The man is a coward. He dodged the draft and now is scared to defend his country from external thread. He has increased the danger of terrorism world wide by his sudden withdrawl of troops from Syria and Afghanistan, letting down his allies and his own paper.

It would be a better idea if he built a wall round the whole country and then he could squat behind it pretending the rest of the world doesn't exist.

Make America great again? He has made the country a laughing stock, governed(?) by a man who runs scared and who cannot even be relied on to support his friends.