Gransnet forums

News & politics

Will Nigel Farage be Corbyn's nemesis?

(59 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Sun 20-Jan-19 18:02:41

After reading the news that Nigel is about to throw (or hurl) his hat into the ring yet again, I just hope that he chooses his cohorts more wisely this time.
He's the only one who can sort the wheat from the chaff as far as Brexiteers go and I for one, hope that he helps us to weigh anchor and see off all comers.
What say you?

GabriellaG54 Wed 23-Jan-19 21:33:45

He's whatever you want to think he is. We all make up our own minds, however, it seems that you don't yours as, in your comment, you make a statement then ask if that statement is true. confused

Bridgeit Wed 23-Jan-19 22:37:22

Ironic that ‘your ‘second sentence does exactly the same .
ie. ‘WE ALL make up our own minds, however YOU don’t ‘?

GabriellaG54 Thu 24-Jan-19 11:47:05

I was talking about we as being the ones who don't make statements then ask if it's true and you as being the exception.
There are none so blind as those who cannot see.

petra Thu 24-Jan-19 15:56:18

Varian
Nigel Farage always said that he was going to leave UKIP when he achieved what he set out to do.
On the subject of his 2children having German passports, that was his (ex) ? Wife's wishes.

varian Thu 24-Jan-19 16:17:53

I've heard Farage's other two children have Irish passports.

varian Thu 24-Jan-19 16:28:50

Within one month, the mystery of who funds Nigel Farage’s jet-set lifestyle could finally be revealed.

In an interview last week with Matt Frei for Channel 4 News, Farage admitted that he had flown by private plane to Strasbourg to attend a meeting of the European parliament at his own expense, but declined to say how much it had set him back. In a subsequent Tweet, he said that since the broadcast a businessman – whom he chose not to identify – had come forward to pay for the flight.

A return private flight to Strasbourg would normally cost around £10,000, which puts it well above the threshold that would require it to be declared to both the European parliament and the Electoral Commission.

“Keep a close eye on this one as it will explain a great deal if he complies with the rules,” a disaffected former associate of Farage gets in touch to tell me. “The European parliament is quite clear that a donation of this magnitude to any member has to be declared within one month. It’s also well aware of this interview with Frei.”

www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/mandrake-farage-secret-brexit-backer-banks-1-5864313

POGS Thu 24-Jan-19 16:43:03

Varian

Why is it an issue for Farage going to Strasbourg and the expense?

varian Thu 24-Jan-19 16:46:57

He went by private plane and so must declare who paid.