Gransnet forums

News & politics

Labour witch-hunt has started

(177 Posts)
Anniebach Fri 08-Feb-19 10:21:50

Luciano Berger is facing a vote of no confidence by her local
Constituancy party because she has criticised Corbyn .

McDonald said she has not been targeted because of anti semetism but because she has refused to rule out quitting labour, if there was any elements of anti semetism in Labour the party would deal with it, full stop

Luciana is being supported by Yvette Cooper and Ed Miliband.

Who is next ?

Anja Fri 08-Feb-19 15:12:35

Oh? Who posted it?

jura2 Fri 08-Feb-19 15:17:33

Because Kate Hoey has campaigned with Ukip and Farage, etc, and voted consistently against LP.

POGS Fri 08-Feb-19 15:18:52

Anja

I am confused .

Do you believe I compiled ' the list ' ?

Anniebach Fri 08-Feb-19 15:20:47

Why should Jo Cox not be mentioned ? She was on the hit list, perhaps because of this

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/06/jeremy-corbyn-leadership-labour-mps-elections

Anniebach Fri 08-Feb-19 15:21:29

The list came from Labour HQ

Anja Fri 08-Feb-19 15:22:15

No. I believe you copied and pasted it. You probably didn’t notice that the late Jo Cox was there as I’m sure, had you done so, you would have, out of respect, deleted it.

Or are you just being disingenuous?

lemongrove Fri 08-Feb-19 15:26:26

Anja... posting the list is not the same as writing the list.
Jo Cox was alive when the list was compiled, and perhaps it shows that almost anyone no matter how good an MP was on the hostile to Corbyn list.

lemongrove Fri 08-Feb-19 15:27:20

Please don’t make a mountain out of a molehill.

lemongrove Fri 08-Feb-19 15:29:03

Kate Hoey is a damn good MP jura .....no doubt you feel because she backed leaving the EU she should be deselected.
Unbelievable!

Baggs Fri 08-Feb-19 15:30:58

There is no disrespect in including Jo Cox's name in a list in which it already is.

Wish people'd stop using any mention of her like a weapon (I don't mean you, Pogs) to get at someone else.

Anja Fri 08-Feb-19 15:34:30

I see that this is going to be one of those threads I’d rather not continue with. So I will bow out.

jura2 Fri 08-Feb-19 15:35:49

And you need to make an announcement to do so? Lol.

Anja Fri 08-Feb-19 15:37:45

No jura I am merely stating a fact. I think I was quite polite.

Anniebach Fri 08-Feb-19 15:39:52

How strange Kate Hoey is now to be thrown out, she has held that seat for 30 years

lemongrove Fri 08-Feb-19 15:43:00

With Corbyn at the helm ( so to speak!) she may be glad to get out Annie

POGS Fri 08-Feb-19 15:46:27

I think Labour MP Jess Phillips makes a good point when she tweets:-

" If momentum wanna change the way we select MPs that's fair enough, if they want to get rid of loads they don't like, that is also legitimate. The spinning about it being better politics is righteous nonsense. They want control and MPs who think one way. Just say that."

Precisely!

Anniebach Fri 08-Feb-19 15:50:08

Well said Jess Phillips

Ilovecheese Fri 08-Feb-19 16:04:59

Well perhaps it is time that the more right wing Labour MPs split off to form another party.
They are not happy with the current leadership or policies, so would probably be happier supporting different policies.
They could carry on selling off social hosing and taking out expensive PFI contracts and voting for caps to family welfare benefits.

lemongrove Fri 08-Feb-19 16:09:44

They are not all ‘more right wing’ though!
They just don’t all agree with Corbyn.

Jalima1108 Fri 08-Feb-19 16:11:29

No. I believe you copied and pasted it. You probably didn’t notice that the late Jo Cox was there as I’m sure, had you done so, you would have, out of respect, deleted it.
I have posted that list before on another thread a while ago and I do not believe that Jo Cox's name should be deleted and her views forgotten.

Jalima1108 Fri 08-Feb-19 16:13:47

ilovecheese

I don't think that being more moderate than Corbyn et al would include some of the policies you mention.

Ilovecheese Fri 08-Feb-19 16:21:05

Jalima1108 Those were their policies in the last New Labour Govt. I am just assuming they would like those to carry on.

MawBroon Fri 08-Feb-19 16:50:14

Just back after being out most of the day and confused
What was “wandering” about my post of 13.27?

Presumably Grandad is aware of masculine/feminine versions of names whether in English or other cultures?
Lesley/Leslie, Nicholas/Nicola, Michel/ Michelle, Anthony/Antonia, Joe/Jo and finally Luciano/Luciana for example.
Apologies if I am digressing

Anniebach Fri 08-Feb-19 16:59:41

The last Labour Labour government won three consecutive general elections. The labour government previous to them
under union control lasted 4 years

POGS Fri 08-Feb-19 17:00:17

Ilovecheese Fri 08-Feb-19 16:04:59

" Well perhaps it is time that the more right wing Labour MPs split off to form another party.
They are not happy with the current leadership or policies, so would probably be happier supporting different policies.
They could carry on selling off social hosing and taking out expensive PFI contracts and voting for caps to family welfare benefits."
--

Well perhaps the far left of Labour could have ' split off to form another party ' if they were not happy with Leadership and policies.

Perhaps they could have called themselves Momentum or Progressive Marxist Party .