Gransnet forums

News & politics

Corbyn's true colours revealed - "Defeat' the EU!"

(89 Posts)
Day6 Mon 11-Feb-19 19:27:41

New just breaking ......

TalkRADIO has unearthed footage from the Durham Miners Gala in 2010, where Jeremy Corbyn called for the European Union, among a raft of other international organisations to be ‘defeated’.

They, the world’s bankers, International Monetary Fund, European Union, they are utterly united in what they want. Utterly united in deflation, suppressing the economy, and creating unemployment. Utterly united in that.

We will not be silenced by these people. We will win through. We will defeat them.

This man blows with the wind. Now he wants to cling to the EU. Or does he? Who knows? He wants power so will do the bidding of his puppet masters in the Labour Party.

Can we believe anything he says? Is he fit to run the country? Such duplicity.

How embarrassing and revealing.

Hear him speaking here.

talkradio.co.uk/news/exclusive-jeremy-corbyn-called-european-union-be-defeated-explosive-rally-speech-19021129836

Jalima1108 Mon 11-Feb-19 21:32:07

Well, there are some who are far worse than Jeremy Corbyn in their words and actions.
Jacob Rees Mogg for example
Yes, but he doesn't try to hide the fact so we have the choice to agree or disagree with him.
No shilly-shallying, obfuscating or smoke and mirrors with him!

Whereas with Jezza I have no real idea what he thinks so don't know whether I agree or disagree with him.

Jalima1108 Mon 11-Feb-19 21:34:04

Jeremy Corbyn has remained loyal to the Brexit policy set out by the Labour party conference which was drawn up by the twelve thousand voting delegates that attended that conference.
hmm

but what does he think about it?

Grandad1943 Mon 11-Feb-19 21:49:21

lemongrove, the Mail on Sunday I believe devoted twenty pages to "slagging off Corbyn" by way of a book publication that many in the media today demonstrated contained a huge amount of false information.

The above I believe gives out to the whole electorate just how desperate the political right-wing in Britain have become to turn attention away from the looming Brexit disaster that is unfolding and also in their actions real fear of a collapse of this government and the formation of a Labour government. That most certainly would not be in the interests of those that make up Britains tax haven press owners.

jura2 Mon 11-Feb-19 21:59:46

No GE = peoples' vote.

Agree about the jobs and economic wellbeing- so why does he go with it, aid and abet May? Time is running out.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 11-Feb-19 22:08:23

Same old - Same Old!!!!

Grandad1943 Mon 11-Feb-19 22:09:01

Jalima1108 Quote [ Jeremy Corbyn has remained loyal to the Brexit policy set out by the Labour party conference which was drawn up by the twelve thousand voting delegates that attended that conference.
hmm

but what does he think about it?] End Quote

Jalima1108, it matters little what Corbyn thinks personally of the Conference policy on Brexit. He was elected as parliamentary Labour party leader to put forward and deliver (if possible) the policies of the Labour party as democratically balloted in by the majority of Delegates at its annual conference.

That Makes a refreshing change I feel, especially when placed against the farce that was last Septembers Tory party conference. There, one day the delegates applauded Boris (The Buffoon) Johnson to the roof for going after Theresa May's job, and the next day those same delegates Applauded wonderfull Theresa May to the roof for having that job.

Now that's what you call policymaking. grin

jura2 Mon 11-Feb-19 22:15:15

Same old, same old - yes- and that is the problem.

We have just a few weeks to save us from the cliff edge- and JC is refusing to oppose. Was not party conference politcy that they would facilitate a peoples' vote if they did not succeed in calling for a GE?

Did the letter to Mrs May, approved by his most senior colleagues, contain or didn't contain the mention of a second Referendum? And did he choose to leave it out without the approval of said senior colleagues.

Grandad1943 Mon 11-Feb-19 22:16:55

jura2, sadly it's too late now for a peoples vote which could take up to twelve months to set up. That would be twelve months of more of the uncertainty that is destroying British Commerce and industry even now.

I believe Corbyn genuinely moved towards the government at the weekend to try and stave off a "no deal" Brexit, and in doing so may have put his leadership of the Labour party on the line.

jura2 Mon 11-Feb-19 22:23:53

So he run the clock down, pretending to sit on the fence. And only recently, he wanted a GE- how long would that have taken.

Makes no sense, no sense at all.

And it will throw us into No Deal. And I and many others will blame him, and blame the LP for letting him do it.
He could have stopped it sad

jura2 Mon 11-Feb-19 22:27:37

I remember conversations not long ago at all, when we were told 'don't worry. he is playing the long game and will be able to act at the last minute- fear not...'

and some of us said 'NO he has to act now or it will be too late' and the reply was, again and again 'just wait patiently he will save us just in time'

and no, the answer is ' too late, too late' and you expect us not to be angry and feel betrayed.

And I can assure you I am not swayed by the DM or any tabloid. And I was never anti Corbyn either. I am now- and 10s of 1000s too - ex LP members who have torn our cards and not paid our subs.

Grandad1943 Mon 11-Feb-19 22:36:48

jura2, please inform me how Jeremy Corbyn from his position as leader of the opposition could have prevented this shambles of a Tory government bringing this nation to the commercial and economic crisis it now faces.

After all, the Labour party are Her Majesties Loyal opposition.......not the government?????

jura2 Tue 12-Feb-19 09:57:28

by not supporting them in key votes - and by seeking alliances with other remain parties to defeat them. Quite simple really. He is aiding and abetting all the way.

And he has wanted out of the EU himself for a very long time- that is very clear.

He said he would accept a second vote if he didn't manage to get a vote of no-confidence leading to a GE. He didn't get it- and yet, is refusing to support a people's vote- and now probably left it too late. That was deliberate.

If I understand rightly, his prepared the letter to Mrs May with senior colleagues. It included a passage on People's Vote. He then took out that passage without consultation with his Senior colleagues- and now claims he forgot.

If he forgot such an important thing- he must have serious memory problems and headed for dementia...

if it took it out of his own bat- what is he then- a traitor to his party?

Yes, LP should be HM Loyal opposition- so why is he aiding and abetting this catastrophy- which we know will decimate the economy, industry and agriculture with all the jobs attached.

He wants Brexit- against the vast majority of his party members. He will wait until Brexit is done, hoping the disaster will turn the public away from Mrs May- and he will force a GE and thinks he will get in that way. Despicable, dishonest- and he won't.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 12-Feb-19 10:03:47

jura2 I know we are different sides of this whole Brexit debacle, but I wholeheartedly agree with everything in your last post about JC.

Anniebach Tue 12-Feb-19 10:08:51

I too agree with Jura, he wants the keys to No 10 regardless of the fact the country is in turmoil

Anja Tue 12-Feb-19 11:03:40

Much better TM keeps the keys to No.10 then ? let her sort out the turmoil of her own making.

Anja Tue 12-Feb-19 11:07:09

Clever stuff from the far right wing of GN.....blame the fiasco over Brexit on Jeremy!

Really?

You couldn’t make it up!

Oops you just did....

Jalima1108 Tue 12-Feb-19 11:12:19

I agree jura

Not entirely of her own making Anja - although she was the volunteer who took on the poisoned chalice.

544 MPs voted in favour of holding a referendum and 53 voted against.
The European Union Referendum Bill easily passed during a vote in the Commons last night by 544 to 53, with support from Labour MPs giving the motion a majority of 491.

Jalima1108 Tue 12-Feb-19 11:13:27

All parties had been agitating for a referendum on EU membership for very many years.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 12-Feb-19 11:15:10

Anja where do you get your information on who are right wing gransnetters?

You are wrong about me!!!

Anniebach Tue 12-Feb-19 11:15:24

So the Labour Party did vote for a referendum, who would believe it !

GrannyGravy13 Tue 12-Feb-19 11:16:56

Yes they had Jalima, Labour, Liberals and Conservative, but some here never let the truth get in the way of a good "rant"

Jalima1108 Tue 12-Feb-19 11:25:13

www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/oct/25/mp-voted-for-eu-referendum

List of MPs who voted for a referendum.

Anja Tue 12-Feb-19 12:08:47

I’m not aware of your political allegiances GG13 and I didn’t name names.

All I am saying is that anyone who has the temerity to blame this fiasco on the Labour Party must of necessity be on the far right of the political spectrum.

Why? Because this referendum was called by the Tories and the so-called Brexit ‘negotiations’ were led by the Tories.

Anyone with any logical powers of thought, even those middle to right of centre thinkers, admit it is a fiasco made by Cameron and May. Those who are so blinkered that they cannot see this (and I certainly didn’t put you GG13 in this category) must therefore be on the far right.

Anja Tue 12-Feb-19 12:10:36

PS The OP has demonstrated her political stance over and over again.

Jalima1108 Tue 12-Feb-19 14:45:30

Unlike Corbyn who thinks the answer is blowing in the wind