Gransnet forums

News & politics

Good News about Brexit! ✅

(826 Posts)
Urmstongran Sun 17-Mar-19 20:09:55

Hi everyone -

If you are at all politically minded and would like to share any GOOD NEWS about Brexit, or would just like to post some optimistic thoughts - this is the thread to love.
❤️

Most of us are weary of the gloom and doom on GN! Let’s share positive news and views. Its time to look for compromise, be kind and inclusive with one another if we can. Life’s too short to be scared or miserable!

Stop peeping. C’mon in! We’d love to hear from you.
x

NanaandGrampy Mon 18-Mar-19 14:02:11

I love that one Urmstongran !

I’m not sure why you felt the need to drop us a lecture here Cinders there are loads of more combatative threads ??

Foxyloxy Mon 18-Mar-19 14:09:16

I was just throwing my hands up in despair at the negativity going around. So was really glad to come across a site that wants positive comments only.
Now I shall spoil it by telling this little joke that I found funny. I must say, during my years in France, I have often complained at the difference in the humour, until to day!
French Minster has named his cat BREXIT, because it whines to go out, when the door is opened it just sits there and looks at him grin. Sorry, only positives from now on!

Urmstongran Mon 18-Mar-19 14:13:46

Haha! Love it we X posts FoxyLoxy!
“Jinx” as our little grandson would shout!
❤️

Gonegirl Mon 18-Mar-19 14:14:23

Well, as all I've got in my Brexit cupboard is toilet rolls, I've not got much to look forward to.

Gonegirl Mon 18-Mar-19 14:15:29

shock was that post negative?

Urmstongran Mon 18-Mar-19 14:17:37

Gonegirl ?

The jokes are going around today.
It’s good to have a laugh about it all now and again or we’d go crazy with it!

This (I posted on the wrong thread earlier) made me laugh too:

I had to post this as it IS funny! (Even though I’m a Leaver you’ve gotta have a sense of humour).

For Sale

One pair of walking boots, used for 20 minutes in the Sunderland area.

Only one previous owner (N. Farage)

Foxyloxy Mon 18-Mar-19 14:19:03

Do you stand in a playground and pop kids balloons as well?
This is was started to take us away from the gloom, immaterial who you did or did not vote for. It would have been nice to have just one area, where we could get away from the utter carnage being created by the government as a whole. If Europe had not looked down their noses at that tosspot who created this problem, we would not be in this mess, so neither side comes out looking good. At the end of the day we are British, give us lemons and we will make lemonade!

Urmstongran Mon 18-Mar-19 14:21:01

Hear, hear Foxyloxy take a recommend ??

Foxyloxy Mon 18-Mar-19 14:28:13

grin love it! We are such a beautiful Country, with big kind hearts, I just hat to see the pain.

Bridgeit Mon 18-Mar-19 14:29:02

Thank you Urmstongran for sharing a positive outlook to off set the doom & gloom that is usually prevalent on this subject.

Teetime Mon 18-Mar-19 14:34:35

I heard this morning that Travelodge who were almost in administration are now picking up and recognising they may be short in their workforce after the end of free movement are targeting adults who wish to return to work after children have grown up and will be offering child friendly flexible hours. I thought that was positive.

trisher Mon 18-Mar-19 14:42:35

That's OK then! Maybe the NHS can do the same for all the vacancies they will have . Oh I forgot, you need qualified people to be doctors and nurses so when they go well.......

Bridgeit Mon 18-Mar-19 14:48:33

I am a remainer Trisher, but it’s good to have a pleasant thread to off set the doom, gloom & division that permeatates Brexit .

suzied Mon 18-Mar-19 14:57:23

Letter to a local paper:
"I can't wait for Brexit. Nothing is made in Britain anymore. The back of my TV says "Built-in Antenna" - a country I've never heard of!"

Alima Mon 18-Mar-19 15:25:46

Elmer Brok is worried that Italy’s patriotic government could veto the UK request for an extension so letting us out by default. Oh how I wish! Feel a trip to Italy coming on to say thank you!

crystaltipps Mon 18-Mar-19 15:36:02

A European country interferes with U.K. domestic politics ! A bit hypocritical of leavers to endorse that. Oh no, it’s ok when it suits.

PamelaJ1 Mon 18-Mar-19 15:50:55

Crystal- I think that, if it happens then Italy will be voting for what suits it-not us.
Not interfering with our country but doing what it thinks is best for Italy.

GabriellaG54 Mon 18-Mar-19 16:22:38

suzied
Now that's really funny. ???

Urmstongran Mon 18-Mar-19 16:28:36

You might get your wish yet Alima (and andyC too) at this rate as:

Speaker Bercow has ruled TM cannot present her WA treaty for yet another meaningful vote unless it has substantial changes.

Article 50 can only be granted an extension providing all 27 member states agree to it - and Italy at present are saying ‘no’.

So the default by law is Leave on WTO rules on 29 March.

humptydumpty Mon 18-Mar-19 16:36:03

Time for whatever is required to enshrine in law the vote last week not to leave the EU without a deal to be enacted.

Gonegirl Mon 18-Mar-19 16:39:49

And Andy will have won. smile

lemongrove Mon 18-Mar-19 16:41:44

Wouldn’t you like to bash all their heads together......how satisfying it would be.?

Finding out how useless our MP’s are is no laughing matter,
But I enjoyed the jokes on here.

Of course, our Parliament is probably no worse than any other......it’s just that we now all see how bad it is!

Now, what’s black and white and red all over?
Answer: John Bercow when his judgement is questioned.?

Alima Mon 18-Mar-19 16:43:40

Hopefully it would be the last time EU countries could interfere with our policies. Means to an end. Helps Italy out too, they want to go next apparently. When we do manage to get out it could be like rats leaving a sinking ship. No, I don’t have a link to back up what I said. Anyway, back off please Chrystaltits, this is our thread after all.

Craicon Mon 18-Mar-19 16:45:37

Brexit is a shitshow so until it’s cancelled, there’s no good news for me.

HTH.

lemongrove Mon 18-Mar-19 16:50:26

Pleasant post (not) Craicon
Would you approve another Scottish referendum I wonder?
Am thinking the answer would be yes.hmm