Gransnet forums

News & politics

Brexit and MEPs?

(106 Posts)
fourormore Fri 26-Apr-19 13:03:48

Forgive me if this has already been asked or if I am totally bonkers and bewildered hmm - I have checked through recent threads and haven't come across anything about it!

We have just received polling cards to vote on 23rd May for MEPs. Am I missing something? As I understand it the Brexit vote means we will be leaving the EEC sometime between now and infinity. Will we still have MEPs?

Urmstongran Mon 29-Apr-19 10:08:20

Just as you have no idea WhiteWave as in:

“Utter nightmare. Farage and Robinson”

All any of us have is an opinion.
And one vote each for when it counts.
?

annifrance Mon 29-Apr-19 12:48:34

Maxdecatt, how mealy mouthed of you. Typical attitude of leavers towards EU expats. One of the main tenets of the EU is that citizens of said organisation may live anywhere within. When we moved here 14 years ago that was the status quo and one we expected to continue for the betterment of all EU citizens.

Furthermore I have children and grandchildren in the UK and voted remain for their futures. They are now very fed up with both the dubious result and the ensuing shambles. I

Expat or not I am entitled to have an opinion, that at least is not being taken from us!

Johno Mon 29-Apr-19 15:59:50

UKIP is by far the party of integrity and with the best manifesto. UKIP will stop the BBC TV Licence fee. Stop HS2 RAil LInk... Stop open border, freedom of movement. Farage has sold out and will be rewarded a seat in the Lords for splitting the vote and stabbing Gerard Batten in the back.

varian Mon 29-Apr-19 19:00:50

UKIP had never managed to get a single MP elected.

Mycatisahacker Mon 29-Apr-19 19:21:33

Totally what urmstrongran posts