Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Brexit Party

(611 Posts)
Firecracker123 Tue 14-May-19 15:08:33

A Party Political Broadcast on behalf of The Brexit Party is on BBC1
tonight 18.55pm.

MaizieD Sun 14-Jul-19 10:29:33

Oh, we're well used to 'communist Corbyn' on here, Ug. It's been going on ever since he was elected leader of the LP.

I think you'll just have to get used to Fascist Farage. Used because he makes fascist statements (and uses techniques very similar to fascist propaganda techniques).

GracesGranMK3 Sun 14-Jul-19 10:43:00

Would that this were true UG. You may not but many do. Personally I am very concerned about any extreme. They put forward mindless, reckless fantasies which make the impossible and impracticable look like a way forward. The waft vague ideas and convince people believe the practicalities are already in place. So no extremists for me, thank you, but I also defend my right, your right and Grandad's right to decide who is and who isn't extreme. Breaking the law in order to make political gain seems to be one trademark of the extremist so it is a large part of what I base my judgment on - personally.

Urmstongran Sun 14-Jul-19 10:51:57

I try always to be polite. As my posts show.

Politics is a dirty enough business!

GracesGranMK3 Sun 14-Jul-19 11:36:12

Do you complain when the words Marxist and Communist are thrown around in the way that you commented on Grandad's post UG?

Urmstongran Sun 14-Jul-19 11:44:26

I can only speak for myself - I’ve never used those words myself GGMk2. (was there a Mark1?)
?

Urmstongran Sun 14-Jul-19 11:45:14

Sorry. Mark3 !

Urmstongran Sun 14-Jul-19 11:46:10

Oh god MK3 I should pay more attention. Apologies.

petra Sun 14-Jul-19 11:57:25

Urmstongran
I remember MK2 but not a MK1.

GracesGranMK3 Sun 14-Jul-19 12:14:10

The first didn't have an Mk1 because I didn't know at that time I would occasionally give up on GN. I should just leave it off for ease.

varian Tue 16-Jul-19 19:54:14

Any attempt by the next prime minister to suspend Parliament to force through a no-deal Brexit is likely to end up in the Supreme Court, a Tory MP has said.

Sir Oliver Letwin told the BBC it was not clear whether MPs had the numbers to stop a no-deal Brexit themselves.

But if the government tried to get its way by by-passing Parliament, he said it would become a "legal question".

Campaigners say they will challenge any "prorogation" of Parliament to allow Brexit on 31 October without a deal.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48988419