Gransnet forums

News & politics

LGBT protest at school

(408 Posts)
Iam64 Mon 20-May-19 20:29:40

Head teacher at Anderton County Primary school has been threatened because the school issuing the Outsider books. Jess Philips is the local MP, she attended today to support the school and was told by one protester that those who support the use of the books were islamophobic. I'm in support of the schools, the books and Jess Philips.

trisher Fri 24-May-19 16:49:00

maddyone fundamental christians also belief the world was created in 7 days and evolution is a myth, apparently fossils were created by a God to test faith. I hope no-one would expect this to be taught in schools.

Elvive Fri 24-May-19 16:49:37

Possibly Muslim woman are from different countries and different social classes. Crazy idea I know.

Elvive Fri 24-May-19 16:49:48

e not a

janeainsworth Sun 26-May-19 21:23:19

I think it’s worrying that these orchestrated protests are spreading throughout the north-west
www.theguardian.com/education/2019/may/24/lgbt-lesson-protests-hijacked-religious-extremists-mps-say?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZW5kLTE5MDUyNQ%3D%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&CMP=GTUK_email

jura2 Sun 26-May-19 21:53:39

About time ALL religious infuence was left out, or taken out, of our children's education.

janeainsworth Sun 26-May-19 23:14:49

jura the protesters may be protesting on religious grounds, but you cannot deny them that right, as long as they remain peaceful and within the law.
It does seem though that they have crossed that line.

Bagatelle Sun 26-May-19 23:42:47

I'm glad I'm not teaching biology.

How long will it be before sex is just a recreational activity and babies come from Amazon?