Gransnet forums

News & politics

France is going to be shut down 22nd June

(86 Posts)
Grany Thu 13-Jun-19 08:49:50

I just been sent this YouTube video

Seems the French are fed up with Macron
What do others think?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qUtyoV72JwA&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR38VfYpHeAIp0fyz5rNI0VFmaqTqwykkdIUaLnI2K1C9m3_LkAZg2_E38g

Grany Fri 21-Jun-19 12:25:17

Hi POGS I don't know who she is or who is behind Secret Sources. I was just sent this on Face Book messenger. I thought it might be true so posted on here. Having second thoughts, I said on previously post it is probably Fake News

I don't know
I know there have been months of demonstrations with the with yellow vests so lots of discontent with Macron and the way country is run.

M0nica Fri 21-Jun-19 16:03:13

I haven't seen a single GJ since arriving in Normandy on Monday, not round the port, the Caen ringroad, the motorway, or any of the three towns I have visited.

Even the local farmer who usually has government bashing posters at his farm gate has none up at present.

M0nica Sun 23-Jun-19 13:22:51

My last post on this subject

France was entirely quiet yesterday, everything running smoothly. We drove to Ouistreham to get the ferry home along motorways, round towns of various sizes and into Caen itself, without seeing any signs of disruption. The port wasfunctioning smoothly, the ferry running to time and all was well on board.

Our Danish Sybil, clearly doesn't have the gifts of prophecy granted to the Greek Sybil. and as for her reliable informant ........................................

Grandad1943 Sun 23-Jun-19 15:05:39

Just another day when the so many times prophesy that the European Union was on the verge of total break up has not come about.

We have been told so often on this forum by rabid brexiteers that problems in any European Union member country were due to the "overbearing" had of Brussels. However, those problems in such counties as Greece, Spain, France and Italy just to name a few are always resolved with the help of Brussels, and the EU moves on.

Brexteers should think on the above when Britain is alone outside of the EU and trying to resolve the enormous problems that will face all of us in that environment.

EllanVannin Sun 23-Jun-19 15:34:49

Well it's either going to rain or go dark before morning.

That's my prophesy.

Lisagran Sun 23-Jun-19 15:55:21

www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/lorient-56100/lorient-une-centaine-de-gilets-jaunes-joignent-le-rond-point-de-lann-sevelin-6411281/amp

Motorway outside Lorient closed yesterday for a few hours due to Gilets jaune protesters. But certainly no national shut down.....

jura2 Sun 23-Jun-19 17:14:15

Here in the East, nothing ...

lemongrove Sun 23-Jun-19 17:18:41

Grandad... think you are posting on the wrong thread, this one is about The yellow vest movement causing shut downs in France.....except that they aren’t.?

POGS Sun 23-Jun-19 20:45:44

Grandad

"Just another day when the so many times prophesy that the European Union was on the verge of total break up has not come about.

We have been told so often on this forum by rabid brexiteers that problems in any European Union member country were due to the "overbearing" had of Brussels."
--

Am I missing something?

Who is the ' rabid brexiteer ' ?

Callistemon Sun 23-Jun-19 20:51:23

I don't think we have rabies in the UK and France is now rabies-free too

Nice to see that ouest france is still going, Lisagran, it brought back some memories from many years ago. smile