Gransnet forums

News & politics

Thank God for the Google Camp's Climate Change Conference

(186 Posts)
TerriBull Thu 01-Aug-19 07:53:33

Isn't it marvellous that Prince Harry has sought to share his thoughts on climate change, by giving a "barefoot speech" No me neither confused in front of a load of grandstanding c'lebs worthy and notable high profile people in Sicily. As a lesser mortal I'm so grateful that these up their own backside individuals, amazingly aware and magnanimous folk are there to give us guidance on looking after our planet. I'm just wondering about the 114 private jets parked up on a runway somewhere in though Sicily shock Oh never mind minor detail!

Grany Mon 05-Aug-19 09:20:59

Yes what 114 private jets brought in guests all for show what do they care just show offs And why do we need royals more waste of money and the media all over them, who cares, in newspapers magazines and books that's what keeps some people interested in them otherwise, wouldn't care.

Anniebach Mon 05-Aug-19 10:10:44

Terri sums it up perfectly

Callistemon Mon 05-Aug-19 10:16:48

I do enjoy a bit of Rod Liddle's piss-taking and, of course, he does hit the nail on the head!

Feeling guilty now as I've done some 'searches' this morning - no, not about the secretive Climate Change luvvies, about the fictional Poldark.

I will go and plant a tree now.

lilypollen Mon 05-Aug-19 13:35:26

If you are in the spotlight it is all about Personal Brand Image and of course the rich and famous think we peasants don't realise they take us for idiots!!

notanan2 Mon 05-Aug-19 14:37:42

Callistemon if you change your default search bar to ecosia rather than google et al, ecosia will actually plant trees for you so you can do whatever it is you are doing with Poldark to your hearts content wink

notanan2 Mon 05-Aug-19 14:38:43

www.ecosia.org/

Callistemon Mon 05-Aug-19 15:09:56

Thanks notanan - I hadn't heard of that.

Not Poldark himself - I used to like Dr Enys but I've gone off him. I just want to look after George now grin

Sparklefizz Mon 05-Aug-19 15:39:10

And I see online that Harry had a £50 pedicure at a spa before appearing barefoot to give his speech.

Callistemon Mon 05-Aug-19 15:43:29

I'd love to have a £50 pedicure; what colour varnish did he choose? grin

janipat Mon 05-Aug-19 16:14:55

notanan Thanks for that recommendation, ecosia installed smile