Gransnet forums

News & politics

Billy Bunter, Lower Forth, Greyfriars.

(126 Posts)
GracesGranMK3 Wed 04-Sep-19 20:25:14

I just wondered if anyone else noticed this character on the front bench in parliament this evening. He has grown older since his school days, as we would expect, and lost some hair but the inane grin as the camera pans in is still there as are the schoolboy jokes and the bullies idea that silly names make him look clever.

I cheered up when I realised it was actually him, after all you only have to choose to look away and he will no longer exist.

MawB Fri 06-Sep-19 20:19:20

Where did that come from Lessismore ?
I have known lemongrove for years, under her present username and one other which I am sure she had a perfectly good reason to change.
Why are you having a go at her here?

Lessismore Fri 06-Sep-19 20:24:58

The poster lemon is consistently unpleasant and bullying me. It is of course wrapped up in smiley faces and little " friendly"asides.
I'm so sick of it.

lemongrove Fri 06-Sep-19 20:25:37

Who knows Maw ?
I think your comment says far more about you than me Less

Lessismore Fri 06-Sep-19 20:26:26

Sorry, spit it out please...what do you mean?

maddyone Fri 06-Sep-19 20:30:59

I’m sorry, but I’ve only ever known Lemongrove to be pleasant and polite. On the other hand I’ve noticed some other posters..........

Lessismore Fri 06-Sep-19 20:33:56

Ok get back to me if you have anything useful to say. Meantime I'm off out. grin

growstuff Fri 06-Sep-19 20:36:38

Do you know the same Lemongrove? hmm

lemongrove Fri 06-Sep-19 20:36:44

Less look at your two comments!

One was ‘Chew and Lem sound like a bargain basement store’
Followed by ‘nasty piece of work’ ( incidentally the second time you have said that recently.)
So you not only childishly try and insult me, but also Chewbacca.
When it doesn’t work......you resort to a whinging post saying you are being bullied.

Chewbacca Fri 06-Sep-19 21:16:37

Chew and Lem sounds like a sort of bargain basement store

Eh? What does that even mean? confused

lemongrove Fri 06-Sep-19 21:19:28

Since the names are Chewbacca and Lemongrove, I think it actually sounds like an upmarket store ( like Marshall and Snelgrove) ?

Chewbacca Fri 06-Sep-19 21:22:15

Showing your age there lemon! grin

lemongrove Fri 06-Sep-19 21:55:17

True!
Wasn’t it a great store though? I always hoped that I would have the money to shop there in the future.?

GracesGranMK3 Fri 06-Sep-19 22:22:00

I think we have a different idea of "pleasant and polite" maddyone. It seems I am not the only one who's found one particular member a total wind up merchant who adds very little to threads.

lemongrove Sat 07-Sep-19 09:06:16

Pots and kettles.....

Carillion01 Sat 07-Sep-19 09:41:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Carillion01 Sat 07-Sep-19 09:43:13

No doubt previous post will be deleted, don't care really. Delete away.

lemongrove Sat 07-Sep-19 10:27:10

Thanks Carillion ....I never let anyone grind me down☺️
When you have finished cooking please send some to The Argy, we have already sold all Soop’s offerings ( our clientele will eat anything....that’s why I never fall asleep in a chair there!)

Lessismore Sat 07-Sep-19 11:32:36

I have been thinking about this site and I realise it's not doing me any good whatsoever. I absolutely genuinely feel afraid of the turmoil we are in. I try to make sense of it and use this place as a way of trying to do that.

It really makes me sad to read the crowing and name calling ....Leavers/Remainers and so on, things are more complicated and nuanced than that.

Also given my tendency to rumination and lacking motivation, I find myself spending far too much time here.

lemon, we don't agree, you have been less than kind on occasions but as they say " Enough already". Have a nice day and good health to one and all.

Labaik Sat 07-Sep-19 17:30:54

Lessismore; I tend to take an occasional 'time out' both from here and the news on tv etc. It's the only thing that preserves my sanity.

varian Sat 07-Sep-19 17:32:40

That little break we all need from this utter madness is the only thing that keeps us sane Labaik

Callistemon Mon 09-Sep-19 11:29:27

anno there was a 'Remove' form at the local boys' grammar school, where those who were not doing so well academically were placed; I think the theory was that they could be removed to the secondary modern school but I don't know if this happened in practice.

Gracesgran sometimes you have to admit that a joke falls flat on its face.
'When in a hole stop digging'

Callistemon Mon 09-Sep-19 11:30:50

Lessismore you can't mitigate nasty comments with a grin

Labaik Mon 09-Sep-19 12:14:15

We can't all be as hilarious as you and lemon I'm afraid.

Callistemon Tue 10-Sep-19 01:31:06

Were you addressing me Laibak?

Because I wasn't trying to be funny. confused

Lyndiloo Tue 10-Sep-19 02:18:04

Sitting here, having a much-deserved glass of wine after a long day, browsing Gransnet for some diversion or amusement ...

Utterly confused and shocked by this thread. Everybody arguing and slagging each other off!

Stop it! You're old enough to know better!