Gransnet forums

News & politics

The family firm.

(493 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Thu 05-Sep-19 13:09:23

Photos of Princess Charlotte's first day at school with her brother Prince George, show us how well their mother, Catherine, has fitted into The Firm.
Delightfully normal and without any pretentious, she and her husband simply get on with life, neither courting nor studiously avoiding the publicity that goes with the job.
She looks wonderful in the pictures taken by the DM and the family is a fitting continuation of our monarchy.

Anniebach Sat 14-Sep-19 18:55:38

I experienced the problems of a building firm during the recession. We would not have considered parasites or degenerates

Bridgeit Sat 14-Sep-19 21:35:59

Parasites feed off a host. ( The host has no choice )
The parasite gains something, the host looses something .

Bridgeit Sat 14-Sep-19 21:37:30

So who is the parasite ?not the host!

Bridgeit Sat 14-Sep-19 22:36:16

It is unwise to accuse others of being parasites, when indulging in parasitic practices, you loose all credibility by doing so.

trisher Sun 15-Sep-19 10:28:34

Is that as workers, house buyers, or tenants Annie?
Can someone explain to me exactly what I gain from supporting extended members of the RF? They seem to be doing well out of it. I have no choice they are therefore parasites.

gillybob Sun 15-Sep-19 10:51:44

I was wondering the same thing trisher what is it exactly that we get for our money? As you say they are doing very well thank you very much .

Anniebach Sun 15-Sep-19 10:53:45

What do you want gilly ?

paddyann Sun 15-Sep-19 10:55:22

Are you now saying that EVERY business that makes a profit"indulges in parasitic practices"? You really are RF entrenched if a few remarks about them enrages you to taht extent.Annie does your brothers firm run at aloss every year....you " do" his books so you must realise that ALL business must make money from work they undertake .After the wages there are still bills to be paid...or doesn't your brother PAY bills or pay you? Awy and lick royal arses all you want ...just leave me and my opinions out of it from now on ,you obviously have no life of your own.!

gillybob Sun 15-Sep-19 10:57:16

Well for a start.....

Increased Tourism ? No not here in the North East.

Outsourcing their requirements ? No not here in the North East.

Promoting business ? Rare here in the North East.

Giving a monkeys toot that we have the largest food bank in the country ? Don’t make me laugh.

Anniebach Sun 15-Sep-19 10:58:21

paddyann how can your opinions be left out of it when you keep voicing them?

gillybob Sun 15-Sep-19 10:58:36

As an aside I wonder how much her maj could spare to fill that food bank week on week ? Would she and her family even miss it? I doubt it very much. The truth is though they wouldn’t give the crumbs from their table.

trisher Sun 15-Sep-19 11:09:40

I seem to remember reading somewhere that HM is very frugal gillybob so maybe there aren't many crumbs.grin I suppose the rest of them make up for her economies.
Good points about the North East

Anniebach Sun 15-Sep-19 11:17:11

gilly the North East is part of the U.K. not the U.K.

gillybob Sun 15-Sep-19 11:22:22

Yes you’re right. It’s the forgotten part of the U.K. Annie !

Bridgeit Sun 15-Sep-19 11:28:40

If you go to a site CNN, it has information of the breakdown of RF funding. Very informative for those who like/seek facts.

absthame Sun 15-Sep-19 18:41:14

It's time to move the Scottish border, southward to its original position at the Tyne. Or if it moved to the Tees, I doubt that the Westminster based would mind, while the NE would benefit enormously.

gillybob Sun 15-Sep-19 19:09:37

Of course Westminster wouldn’t care absthame we have nothing they need . They’ve seen to it that all our industry is virtually gone, mines closed, shipyards too.