Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Brexit Party - now's your time!

(104 Posts)
Day6 Tue 24-Sep-19 14:54:59

Wonder how the next few hours and days will unfold, politically, given the court ruling regarding prorogation of parliament?

Online friends are all completely fed up with parliament's determination to stall Brexit. That's what this is about, after all.

Boris is likely to resign, as once MPs are back in the HOC, there will be a no confidence vote against him.

What of all the party conferences? Will they go ahead? I imagine Labour and Lib Dem MPs, are hot-footing it back to the HOC as I type. The keys to number 10 are likely to be passed on.

One can only hope there is a general election. Corbyn in the few days of the LP conference has made himself unelectable. The Conservative vote is likely to go to the Brexit party. Remainers are likely to vote Lib Dem.

Leavers are fired up. If there ever was a one issue party likely to succeed, the Brexit Party is it.

Richard Tice, interviewed shortly after the court verdict was announced knows that politically the time favours his party.

WishIwasyounger Thu 26-Sep-19 10:40:24

Jeremy Corbyn seems to want to steer a midway between Leavers and Remainers by negotiating a deal and then putting it to the people to choose between that deal and remain. It accepts that the vote was evenly split, and is the only way to bring people together. Whilst I agree with the intention, its a difficult message to sell on the doorstep in a GE.
To any Leavers out there who say that they knew what they were voting for, what was their solution to the Northern Ireland border problem?

SirChenjin Thu 26-Sep-19 10:55:12

Exactly suzied - and that's why no-one who voted Leave knew what they were voting for, despite what they might claim. They may have had their individual reasons for leaving, but those myriad of individual reasons couldn't be translated into a workable deal because Leave was always a concept, not a workable reality (unless it was put to the people as it should have been) given that it was always advisory.

Now we have an utter shambles led by absolute idiots of the worst right wing kind who are intent on looking after their business interests and those of their chums. They've used inflammatory language to stir up hatred and bile and I am genuinely concerned that this will lead to civic unrest unless Boris and his cronies start working very quickly to undo some of the damage they have inflicted on democracy. I doubt they will though - that arrogance is part of their DNA and while many millions of pounds (or whatever currency best suits their interests on the day) are at stake they will look after themselves, come what may. Those 'bumps in the road' won't be felt by them and they genuinely don't care.

yggdrasil Thu 26-Sep-19 12:15:29

Day6: " Corbyn in the few days of the LP conference has made himself unelectable."

Why would you say that? Were you there, or just depending on the Mail, Sun and BBC for information?