Gransnet forums

News & politics

Reasons not to vote for Johnson

(42 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 30-Oct-19 12:16:43

Boris Johnson's Brexit deal punches £70bn hole in UK economy - the size of Wales

"We don't expect there to be a 'deal dividend' at all", one expert declared

Amagran Wed 30-Oct-19 15:18:08

I wouldn't shoot you down in flames Oopsminty! smile

I quite like my dog, but I wouldn't want him as PM.....but if push came to shove...… and the choice was limited..... grin

Whitewavemark2 Wed 30-Oct-19 15:18:41

Mike Galsworthy
@mikegalsworthy
Dear grandads & grandmas across the UK...

Why don’t you give your kids and grandkids a present this year that they’ll really appreciate...

And vote to #DitchBrexit

Callistemon Wed 30-Oct-19 15:49:15

MawBroon grin

Why is everything all round the world compared to the size of Wales!!

absthame Wed 30-Oct-19 20:03:09

Callistemon even this dyslexic noticed the missing H. Because they are the largest animal on the planet grin

Pantglas2 Wed 30-Oct-19 20:09:24

Ha ha Callistemon! I don’t understand how people think that any politicians are trustworthy- why are folks so blinkered that they believe any one party will be be brilliant and t’others will be bogging awful?

Oopsminty Wed 30-Oct-19 20:33:42

Thank you Amagran!

And I quite agree

gmarie Wed 30-Oct-19 21:24:09

True, Pantglas, I think that people who run for high office must start off with an inflated sense of self to some degree. As I look at the whole group and pare down, OUT are those who are persistently, primarily and/or exceptionally:

1) intolerant/exclusionary (racists, misogynists, blatant classists, etc.)
2) abusive/divisive
3) self-serving (narcissists, liars, financial opportunists, etc.)
4) unscrupulous (apologists and cronies of the corrupt, lobbyists for those who put their financial bottom line over public welfare, etc.)
5) ignorant (science deniers, those who show no desire to learn about or understand the world around them)

Then I look at the focus and plans of each remaining candidate and go from there. Easy-peasy, right? grin It often ends up being a "lessor of two evils" type of thing but one can only work with what's available.

Jaycee5 Wed 30-Oct-19 21:33:52

absthame
No it's Wales.
Large objects are either
a) as big as 2 double decker buses; or
b) 2 football pitches; or
c) Wales.
Anything else is anarchy.

MawB Wed 30-Oct-19 21:53:38

Oopsminty -tin hat on then! ? ? ? ?

varian Wed 30-Oct-19 22:18:34

If we "get brexit done" with Johnson's withdrawal deal we will be £70 billion per year worse off. Who would vote for that?

Amagran Thu 31-Oct-19 00:43:36

varian, are you really asking...…….?! You know you won't like the answer.

Amagran Thu 31-Oct-19 01:30:30

I have just seen the results of a YouGov poll of Tory party members from July (not sure how I missed it - maybe the Tories tried to bury it). It found that the majority of Tory party members support a return of the death penalty and also think that Donald Trump would make a good PM for us. A majority also think that Islam is a threat to the British way of life.

When asked about re-introducing the death penalty for certain crimes, Johnson refused to rule it out.

Definitely not a party I could ever support.

varian Thu 31-Oct-19 08:08:17

It was a rhetorical question. I know there are people who do not seem to care whether the country is poorer or less secure as long as they "win"

Oopsminty Thu 31-Oct-19 08:14:46

Oopsminty -tin hat on then!

Absolutely, MawB! At a very jaunty angle

Anniebach Thu 31-Oct-19 09:10:29

Johnson or Corbyn ? Do you want to be shot or hanged ?

Dinahmo Thu 31-Oct-19 22:22:16

REason - Trump's support. Did anyone see that the orange one telephoned Farage whilst his LBC programme was being broadcast. Trump was as mindless as usual.