Gransnet forums

News & politics

Which way do you think it's going to go?

(70 Posts)
grapefruitpip Wed 30-Oct-19 18:25:25

I reckon hung parliament. I am willing to bet 20p.

Your turn......

SirChenjin Thu 31-Oct-19 12:58:31

Why are you talking about 'blame'? I simply asked you to provide a figure showing how much more or less we'd be paying in comparison to the £289million figure you quoted - but you don't appear to have any idea.

lemongrove Thu 31-Oct-19 13:07:36

Hope that you’re right Firecracker ?
Well said GG13 ??????

GrannyGravy13 Thu 31-Oct-19 13:07:47

sirchenjin I have answered your question, but you have chosen to either ignore it or maybe you haven't read it.

I am off now to enjoy Halloween with my GC, which is real life.

grapefruitpip Thu 31-Oct-19 13:12:21

Bravo Firecracker. Farage and Boris all the way!

All the way to what though?

Firecracker123 Thu 31-Oct-19 13:16:24

Utopia ☺

petra Thu 31-Oct-19 13:22:18

Firecracker
I think your being disrespectful to dead fish ?

SirChenjin Thu 31-Oct-19 13:26:52

You haven't provided an actual figure Granny - don't pretend you have.

pinkquartz Thu 31-Oct-19 13:30:39

I do not have a clue what way it will go.

I keep hearing people who usually vote saying they will not this time.
I have in my time never voted Tory and will choose between Green or not voting.
I stopped voting Labour after Tony Blair went to war with lies.
And do not trust Corbyn.
I cannot decide anymore about Brexit....can see both sides and no longer have any idea what is best for UK.
I don't know who is lying.
Don't trust Johnson either.

jannxxx Thu 31-Oct-19 13:32:04

i would have said boris would have it BUT,, 2 million people have registered to vote in the last 6 weeks and a lot of them are under the age of 50 so not sure, so prob a hung parliament.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 31-Oct-19 13:33:58

Sirchenjin I have answered your question ( my posts are here for you and all to see), you are beginning to make yourself look as if all you want is an argument........sorry to disappoint, but you will not get one from me.

SirChenjin Thu 31-Oct-19 13:39:21

I'm not looking for an argument, what an odd thing to say. You made a statement "there will still be co-operation between the nations, just not paying 289million (nett (sic)) per week to be part of their club" and I've asked you how much more or less we'll be paying as a result of not being in said club. That's not looking for an argument, that's simply asking you to back up your claim.

Jabberwok Thu 31-Oct-19 13:42:51

Well GG13, I've understood perfectly what you have said! No one can categorically forecast the future and give definite figures, unless you have a crystal ball, which I don't think any of us have!

SirChenjin Thu 31-Oct-19 13:48:21

But you can assure us all it will cost us less and give us more, yes?

Otherwise the inverse is that we'll pay more for less, and no-one in their right mind would think that a good deal.

Yehbutnobut Thu 31-Oct-19 14:08:14

Just read that the total number of UK Parliamentary electors in December 2017 was 46,148,000. Of those 17.4 million vote leave (if the stat upthread is true) and 17,000,000 (my best guestimate) wanted to stay.

That leaves approx 16,000,000 votes unaccounted for in Brexit. Who can tell what will happen.

Urmstongran Thu 31-Oct-19 14:44:50

I’m hoping for a thumping majority to deliver Brexit after 3+ wearisome years of a Remainer Parliament plotting to thwart the majority.

And the fact that 57 Remainer MP’s are not standing is brilliant news! Seems they don’t want to face the populace after pontificating in the HoC.

Greta Thu 31-Oct-19 14:52:05

SirChenjin: Otherwise the inverse is that we'll pay more for less, and no-one in their right mind would think that a good deal.

What worries me is that many in their wrong mind do think that a good deal. "We must leave the undemocratic EU, any deal including no-deal is better than remaining." Also known as the will of the people.

SirChenjin Thu 31-Oct-19 15:02:35

Agree Greta. Some people didn't realise that the referendum outcome was advisory - beggars belief.

Urmstongran Thu 31-Oct-19 15:07:02

It seems Sturgeon asked Carlaw about a story in this morning’s Times, suggesting an electoral pact by Tories and Labour to step back and allow the Lib Dems a clear run in their attempts to oust SNP’s Westminster leader, Ian Blackford, in his Highland constituency.

Back room horse trading has already started apparently!

This election risks being like a slow motion car crash for remainers. Everyone can see what's coming - it's so well signposted with a split remain vote - but nobody can do anything to stop it.

Swinson will probably grinning ear to ear like an idiot if she holds her seat and they return 60 MPs, while Boris, with his seat majority high fives Cummings in Downing street.

La Swinson will be all ' Nice seats. Shame about the Brexit.'

Nonnie Thu 31-Oct-19 16:20:13

Urmston you seem very sure, why? I hope it is simply wishful thinking. I hope all those young voters will come out and do the right thing, which we disagree about.