Gransnet forums

News & politics

Farage

(136 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Fri 01-Nov-19 17:21:43

Farage has trousered a lot of money from a lot of gullible people since he started his company with no accountability whatsoever.

It is rumoured that he has squirrelled the money away and it isn’t available to fund candidates standing for his company.

Q. Can a company stand in a political election?

Firecracker123 Mon 11-Nov-19 17:33:46

Well GillT57 Farage and The Brexit Party have certainly got you worried. Do you call targeting Richard Tice with your nasty comments contributing to the debate.

M0nica Mon 11-Nov-19 17:44:13

Farage ^ once eloquently described as a good looking chap in an expensive suit who would charm a widow out of her life savings.^

You must be joking. yes, there are some silly and gullible widows around but the majority are far to sensible to be other than repelled by that gurning face and bloky gentleman persona (shudder).

jura2 Mon 11-Nov-19 17:48:05

Interesting about power struggle between Tice and Farage. Tice is of course Isabel Oakeshott's partner (both left their spouses to be together) - and she is up to her neck with Bank...

hmmm

Whitewavemark2 Mon 11-Nov-19 17:58:31

£300+ a day - he’s going to be coining it in. Although he will actually have to turn up for a few minutes, it as opposed to what he is currently doing in the EU.

GillT57 Mon 11-Nov-19 18:32:09

No Firecracker they do not worry me, it is people who believe in them that worry me, and yes, my comments about Tice do contribute to the debate as they are about Farage and the Brexit Party Ltd of which Richard Tice is their high profile candidate for parliament. Isobel Oakeshott was the journalist who wrote the story about Cameron and the pig. I know that sounds like a charming children's story, but it certainly was not.

varian Mon 11-Nov-19 18:50:57

Isobel Oakshott is also one of the favorites of Brexit Broadcasting Corporation's Question Time Panel along with Farridge, Richard Tice, Camilla Tominey, Julia Hartley-Brewer, Jacob Rees Mogg, Alexandra Phillips MEP (not the Green one but the bonkers brexittey one), Mark Francois et al.

They really need to find some real people who think like the majority of UK citizens who want to STOP BREXIT.

growstuff Mon 11-Nov-19 18:58:20

My local paper reported that the Brexit & Co candidate was withdrawn just after 2pm today. That was a pretty quick decision! hmm

growstuff Mon 11-Nov-19 19:02:52

MOnica I think the reference to the good-looking chap was to Richard Tice. Nobody in their right mind could think that Farage is good-looking.

M0nica Mon 11-Nov-19 20:47:30

growstuff can't say I find Tice that enchanting, one of those bland easily forgettable faces.

varian Mon 11-Nov-19 20:49:27

It appears that Farage was never worried about tbe Labour Party but had to try to stop the Liberal Democrats

www.theneweuropean.co.uk/homea