Gransnet forums

News & politics

Unless the Conservatives make a pact with the Brexit party ....

(31 Posts)
Poppyred Mon 04-Nov-19 12:33:13

There will be no chance of us getting out of the E.U.... and Labour or Libs Dems will rule this country..... how very depressing and soul destroying. We can all say goodbye to this beautiful country as we know it....

Opal Mon 04-Nov-19 17:05:08

WWM2 - we DID have a bloody referendum - we voted to leave!!

Welshwife Mon 04-Nov-19 17:15:39

But we had a referendum which followed all the rules in 1975 and that was a once in a lifetime job too - ! That result was to stay in the EU.
Why did we need a SECOND one which was just treated like an ordinary election?

jura2 Mon 04-Nov-19 18:17:39

yes Opal - fraudulently and by a tiny margin. I therefore will NOT respect it. It was won on lies and fraud- and in any country where Referendums are the norm- it would have been thrown out a long time ago- for the above.

grapefruitpip Mon 04-Nov-19 18:22:31

poppyred, I was interested to hear why you think it will be the end for our beautiful country.

You think anything other than Tory means goodbye?

What a sad state of affairs which began in my mind when Thatcher promoted the cult of the individual and greed.

Before anybody jumps on me, no I am not a Corbynista.

Tooting29 Mon 04-Nov-19 18:30:02

I suspect there will be an informal deal local level. I think Me Farage is putting the frightenees on, also latest poll is showing Brexit party and Lib Dems dropping. No doubt with 6 weeks to go this will change. I suspect we are heading for a hung Parliament again with a more united Conservative party. Also interesting is Sein Fein are dropping out of some seats I assume to give candidates a free run against DUP. Dark arts of politics.