Gransnet forums

News & politics

Farage the fraudster

(124 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Nov-19 08:12:29

How many folk have been conned into giving the fraudster money?

I have read of so many, who did do in good faith which he has apparently pocketed and won’t be returning. Some gave very large amounts. Most are demanding th3 money be repaid.

I do hope that Farage is taken to court before he hide tails it to the USA.

Chestnut Wed 13-Nov-19 10:50:33

Just a reminder that in the 2015 election UKIP was the third party for number of votes but only managed to get one seat. This meant one MP representing 3.8 million voters! By contrast the SNP managed to get 56 seats. So 56 MPs representing less than 26,000 voters. This is why the SNP were so over-represented in Parliament and UKIP were never represented as much as they should have been.

MaizieD Wed 13-Nov-19 10:55:21

That's FPTP for you.

How about campaigning for PR, then Chestnut?

Incidentally, 3.8 million voters is fewer than 10% of 45 million voters. So that just about tallies with the polls, does it not?

EllanVannin Wed 13-Nov-19 10:57:04

He supported Marine le Pen, of the National Front and his past is questionable as to whether he was ever one of their supporters. Always proud of his initials---NF ??

Urmstongran Wed 13-Nov-19 11:35:41

Correct Chestnut so many disappointed voters. Galling in the least for them to see Ian Blackford and Joanne Cherry speak in the HoC so often!

By the way, anyone heard from paddyann recently?

mcem Wed 13-Nov-19 11:41:00

Chestnut are you seriously suggesting that 56 SNP MP's were voted in by just 26 000 Scots?
Have I misinterpreted your post?
Would you please let me know the source of this astonishing statement?

suziewoozie Wed 13-Nov-19 11:44:19

Does NF support PR?

Chestnut Wed 13-Nov-19 12:20:57

Have I misinterpreted your post?
Maybe I didn't explain clearly but if you look at the previous graph, there are only 25,972 SNP voters per MP and over 3 million UKIP voters per MP.
Here are more details, showing that UKIP had the third highest number of votes. The SNP was very over-represented.

jura2 Wed 13-Nov-19 12:30:56

A fraudster who has totally changed his views since he campaigned, and advised, again and again, and again some more, a Norway/Switzerland type deal - and now totally denies it. But the facts are all there for all to see

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNCwcTu9U6U

growstuff Wed 13-Nov-19 14:05:55

So campaign for PR Chestnut! I'm sure the LDs would support you.

Farage is not universally popular. He's popular with some voters. Brexit & Co is polling at about 13%.

Farage couldn't really care less about any of it because he doesn't give a stuff for the majority of people in the country and will be off to the US in the New Year. He needs to find himself a new gravy train.

suzied Wed 13-Nov-19 14:17:13

UKIP and Brexit Party are washed up. Even Farage's own party (non) members are criticising his stance - not returning their deposits for being candidates when he pulled the rug. The so- called pact is just a retreat by Farage - the Tories didn't do any deal.

lemongrove Wed 13-Nov-19 14:19:33

Fortunately the Conservatives don’t need Farage, as they are the Party to get Brexit through Parliament, although it could still be useful to have Brexit candidates in strong Labour seats this time around for the GE.

suzied Wed 13-Nov-19 14:25:43

Its funny how some who saw Farage as next to the Almighty, threw money at him and lapped up his soundbites, criticising May's deal, now switch to adoration of St Johnson whose deal is identical to May's with a bit of change of wording. Farage and his extremists have criticised it as "terrible" and not "true Brexit", although his definition has shifted so many times over the last 4 years. Definitely a conman.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Nov-19 15:15:18

Ah, that’s life! We can chop and change with the tides. And circumstances.

Annoying ain’t it?

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Nov-19 15:32:33

A lawyer has offered to help those folk conned by Farage to try to get their money back.

That might please couple of grans on here, as I believe one in particular gave a very large amount of money to his company.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Nov-19 16:00:54

At £25 a pop I felt, at the time, my donation was an investment to deliver Brexit. Money will have been spent on advertising, transport, booking venues etc.

Not a snowball in hell I imagine for getting money returned. I’m not bothered. Seems Brexit is going to be delivered by Boris anyway.

I’m happy.

M0nica Wed 13-Nov-19 16:01:07

According to the latest polls Brexit party support has fallen to 4%.

Chestnut Wed 13-Nov-19 16:05:37

Ah the polls....they are never wrong are they?

Urmstongran Wed 13-Nov-19 16:06:22

Makes sense MOnica as Leave voters are now heavily relying on Boris to deliver.

Chestnut Wed 13-Nov-19 16:10:36

I agree, the leave voters will all vote for Boris unless they're in a strong Labour seat, then they might rally round the BP.

Jabberwok Wed 13-Nov-19 16:16:01

That's the rub with democracy, it allows you to change your mind as posters on here have told us umpteen times!!??
(unless you're Nigel??!!)

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Nov-19 16:23:19

This isn’t about changing your mind, it’s about being conned.

Opal Wed 13-Nov-19 16:24:56

So true Jabberwork, according to some posters, there are millions of leavers that have changed their mind and are now remainers, and that of course is OK, but heaven help anyone who changes their mind about anything else grin. As I said on another thread, it's farcical.

Labaik Wed 13-Nov-19 16:38:51

Apart from Brexit and wanting the health service to be insurance based, does anyone know what Farages policies on anything else are? By the way, love how his followers refer to him as 'Nigel' as if they're 'besties' [ditto 'Boris'] grin...

jura2 Wed 13-Nov-19 16:41:07

Urmstong ''Ah, that’s life! We can chop and change with the tides. And circumstances.''

hear, hear - totally agree. So now, give us a Referendum on the current deal - or not. Now tides have changed, and circumstances too. Ta.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Nov-19 16:48:55

No problem jura2

Let’s just implement the 2016 one first though eh? It’s only fair.