Gransnet forums

News & politics

Farage the fraudster

(124 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Nov-19 08:12:29

How many folk have been conned into giving the fraudster money?

I have read of so many, who did do in good faith which he has apparently pocketed and won’t be returning. Some gave very large amounts. Most are demanding th3 money be repaid.

I do hope that Farage is taken to court before he hide tails it to the USA.

Opal Wed 13-Nov-19 16:59:36

Yep we'll give you a second referendum jura2, with the same proviso that you're always arguing for - if we don't like the result, we'll keep going until we get the result we want!

Urmstongran Wed 13-Nov-19 17:13:19

Opal ??

varian Wed 13-Nov-19 18:21:10

Were any Gnetters swindled by Farage?

crystaltipps Wed 13-Nov-19 18:22:31

Instead we’ll keep having general elections till they get the result they want

Chestnut Wed 13-Nov-19 18:46:46

The original question was 'How many folk have been conned into giving the fraudster money?'
Firstly, I don't think most of those who donated felt they had been conned. They just wanted Brexit delivered.
And I would like to ask all the remainers here.... how do you run an electoral campaign without any money? I don't think Whitewavemark2 or anyone else can answer that!

jura2 Wed 13-Nov-19 18:49:14

Remember that Farage does is not a 'Party' leader- he has not been elected, he cannot be voted out, he won't stand- and he runs the Party like a Business plc.

jura2 Wed 13-Nov-19 18:51:09

Opal ''Yep we'll give you a second referendum jura2, with the same proviso that you're always arguing for - if we don't like the result, we'll keep going until we get the result we want!''

not at all - now we know what the consequences are- and we will have a clear choice 'the deal JC could or couldn't get from EU- and remain.

growstuff Wed 13-Nov-19 19:01:04

Ah! So were you one of the suckers Chestnut? hmm

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Nov-19 19:55:36

chestnut the whole point is that you (if you indeed did) never gave money to a political party but to a privately owned company run by Farage. He was never elected as leader, he decided who else he was prepared to run as representatives in the EU elections who in turn funded themselves, indeed Farage acted as a totalitarian leader allowing no one a say in any decision.

Contributors should have investigated Farages actions prior to his request for donations.

In 2017 He claimed that he was “skint” whilst living in a £4million town house, and reviewing a salary of £90000 from the tax payer as a none attending MEP.

Banks had bankrolled Farage to the tune of £450000 the year following the referendum.

Farage has also declared approx. £30000 pm from talks, media appearances etc.

But what undoubtedly should have rang everyone’s bells was the fact that Farage has total control of the company he self styled as The Brexit Party. He is simply not, nor has ever been accountable to any money he has received.

People should never let their political beliefs and in your case voracity to leave the European Union blind them to where they put their support in the way of finance, or votes before being entirely satisfied as to the morality and honesty of the person they are willing to support.

growstuff Wed 13-Nov-19 20:07:12

A group of Essex Brexit & Co hopefuls is apparently seeking legal advice. One of them claims that not only did he pay £100 to go on the "list" (along with thousands of others), but he paid £10,000 to employ campaign staff and print leaflets.

What a scam!

Pantglas2 Wed 13-Nov-19 20:22:37

Or more appropriately- what an idiot!

growstuff Wed 13-Nov-19 20:42:54

Or even more appropriately - what idiots (for falling for it).

Pantglas2 Wed 13-Nov-19 20:55:20

Indeed.....

janipat Wed 13-Nov-19 23:54:48

Funny how we haven't let the last GE run its course for the 5 years promised, but are having another because it suits Johnson, yet we have to implement the first referendum before we can have another.

crystaltipps Thu 14-Nov-19 05:25:12

He built his followers up as Kippers then dropped UKIP like a bad smell. Then he enticed people into The Brexit business. Now he’s dropped his followers again. If his
fans can’t see through him now, then they truly are gullible and deserve to lose their money.

Chestnut Thu 14-Nov-19 10:41:26

Remainers have not answered my question.... how do you run an electoral campaign without any money?

growstuff Thu 14-Nov-19 10:44:42

You don't, but Brexit & Co have plenty of wealthy backers.

Firecracker123 Thu 14-Nov-19 11:01:06

Growstuff yesterday your post 20.07

A group of Essex Brexit & Co hopefuls is apparently seeking legal advice. One of them claims that not only did he pay £100 to go on the "list" (along with thousands of others), but he paid £10,000 to employ campaign staff and print leaflets.

What a scam!

Seems you have duped

Brexit Party candidate Wayne Bailey's 'attack' on Nigel Farage exposed as fraud. It was a false Twitter account.
Can't do links but if interested Google its in the Evening News and the Remainer Bible The Guardian.

growstuff Thu 14-Nov-19 11:10:30

Wayne Bailey wasn't hoping to stand as a candidate in Essex.

Opal Thu 14-Nov-19 12:13:47

"You don't, but Brexit & Co have plenty of wealthy backers."

And so do the Labour Party!!!! Pot, kettle, black comes to mind.

suziewoozie Thu 14-Nov-19 13:46:57

Farage is in Hull - he’s tweeted how great it is to be in South Yorkshire ????

Whitewavemark2 Thu 14-Nov-19 13:54:32

opal

The difference is that the Labour Party and its finances are fully accountable.

Farage accounts to no one.

Neither you nor anyone else knows exactly what money has been given to the BP Co. nor how it has been spent, nor on what.

growstuff Thu 14-Nov-19 15:14:57

I don't think other parties make their prospective candidates pay a fee to be considered either.

growstuff Thu 14-Nov-19 15:16:11

Opal All I was doing was answering a question. Nowhere did I suggest that other parties don't have wealthy backers, so please wind in your talons.

Firecracker123 Thu 14-Nov-19 15:24:03

The Brexit Party are a people's party dependent on supporters donations. Supporters do not have to give money to the party they can withdraw their support at any time. Every political party needs money for campaigning. No one forced candidates to pay £100 to try and become Brexit Party candidates they were told the odds of being picked and there was a chance they would be stood down and no one objected at the time. Obviously a few are not happy now but most who have posted on Facebook and Twitter agree with the decision and that getting Brexit done and stopping Corbyn is the main objective. I'm on lots of Brexit supporters forums and 99% support Nigel Farage's decisions.