Gransnet forums

News & politics

Farage the fraudster

(123 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Nov-19 08:12:29

How many folk have been conned into giving the fraudster money?

I have read of so many, who did do in good faith which he has apparently pocketed and won’t be returning. Some gave very large amounts. Most are demanding th3 money be repaid.

I do hope that Farage is taken to court before he hide tails it to the USA.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Nov-19 08:17:07

What his supporters think of him

www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/brexit-party-candidates-nigel-farage-is-finished-as-a-politician-tory-deal-is-a-disgrace-to-politics/12/11/

MawB Wed 13-Nov-19 08:22:11

The words “busted” and “flush” seem to spring to mind.

Time to revisit this?

MaizieD Wed 13-Nov-19 08:28:42

While this might be enraging the disappointed 'candidates' is it making any difference to the devotion of the rest of his supporters. Brexiters seem well able to swallow any amount of corrupt practice in pursuit of their cult's objective.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Nov-19 09:26:36

As a donor I was more than happy at the time. Nigel was the only person who fully supported Leave - remember this was at the time of Teresa May, Ollie Robbins and a Remainer Cabinet.

Fast forward a few months and how times have changed!

I’m now backing Boris and his deal. I feel we will now Brexit soon.

I think Remainers are happy to see pacts between Remain political parties doing deals but get cross when Leave parties get savvy. Good on Nigel for stepping aside I say! I was concerned that if they were going to run against one another it was going to split the vote in some constituencies (think Peterborough) and allow Corbyn in.

EllanVannin Wed 13-Nov-19 09:36:34

He had all the hallmarks of a " wide-boy " when he first appeared on the scene. I could see right through the man.

Chestnut Wed 13-Nov-19 09:42:49

He has done the right thing to secure Brexit which is his only goal. He has always been prepared to put the country before himself. I'm sure the disappointed candidates will realise that.

MawB Wed 13-Nov-19 09:49:19

Chestnut you have to be kidding! gringrin
he has always been prepared to put the country before himself
snort!
The only thing Farage puts first is Farage!

suziewoozie Wed 13-Nov-19 09:53:08

Well some of the disappointed candidates have aids they are standing as independents.

Jabberwok Wed 13-Nov-19 09:53:25

Totally agree Urmstongran. Lets face it ALL politicians have an eye to the main chance, their leaders using every trick in the book to get a positive result! Fine for Labour to consider cosying up to her ladyship in Scotland, fine for those on the left to stand aside to let others through, but when it's Boris and Nigel!! Shock , horror and howls of rage!!! Hypocrisy anyone?!!
We need Brexit done and dusted and the thought of more talks?! more referendums! FGS, NO! Only Boris can get this wretched business behind us and let the country 'move on'. He gets my vote + the whole family, no ifs , no buts, no maybe's!

suziewoozie Wed 13-Nov-19 09:54:41

OMG - no they haven't got aids - oh goodness. Goodness me

growstuff Wed 13-Nov-19 09:56:53

Even if there's no referendum, I can guarantee that talks will continue for years. The country will be lucky if it "moves on" in five years. The effects will take much longer to move away from.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Nov-19 09:57:16

chestnut he is a typical wideboy. ??. His entire life has been based on fraud. Look at the way he trousers the income from the EU and only showing up occasionally.

Now he appears to have fallen out with Banks, who has bankrolled him for years.

Farage is living in a very nice property in London which must be worth millions, and which is owned by Banks. Farage also has the use of a very nice car courtesy of Banks.

Farage is a parasite.

It will be interesting to see if the Farage/Banks relationship deteriorates any further and whether Farage gets thrown out if his very nice free house.

growstuff Wed 13-Nov-19 09:59:49

I'm sure there's an annexe in Trump Towers available.

Pantglas2 Wed 13-Nov-19 10:00:29

Can’t believe Farage is living in a rental property at his age and given his income!

Urmstongran Wed 13-Nov-19 10:04:56

He stirs up a lot of ill feeling on here. Yet ‘out there’ he IS popular!

growstuff Wed 13-Nov-19 10:20:21

I guess it depends who you know "out there".

MaizieD Wed 13-Nov-19 10:24:17

Yet ‘out there’ he IS popular!

With people blinded to the lies and corrupt practices which persuaded them to vote Leave.

I'll put this here, again. Before 2015 fewer than 10% of the UK population thought the EU was of any importance.

And let's see how Nige has changed his tune since 2016

www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2019/11/08/when-he-supported-norway-the-brexit-policy-farage-would-rath

Urmstongran Wed 13-Nov-19 10:27:43

I’m not going off personal experience growstuff I just read the papers!

Never mind, the circus is in town until December 12th.

Hopefully it'll be gone by Xmas.

winterwhite Wed 13-Nov-19 10:28:10

Agree that Farage must be getting something out of it. Have we heard what the trumpeted 'change' in Boris Johnson's position is? I must have missed it.
I don't mind tory candidates having no Brexit opposition, should help make them answerable for their past record, not their promises. They are the ones who harped on 'austerity' as a positive virtue and have run all public services into the ground. They should be judged on that and that alone, not a silly promise to get the country fastest out of the Brexit mess that they and they alone created.

Chestnut Wed 13-Nov-19 10:34:04

Whatever you think of Farage he has had a clear policy from the start which has been popular with voters. The Tories have realised this and have taken his ideas on several occasions. He has changed the face of British politics without even being an MP which is an extraordinary achievement. It is not his fault that MPs have messed up the delivery of Brexit over the last three years.

MaizieD Wed 13-Nov-19 10:35:55

I think the 'change' in Johnson's position is, in fact, no change at all.

If he gets a majority and gets his withdrawal agreement through parliament that will leave us the remaining one year of transition to negotiate a new relationship and a trade agreement with the EU. Which is utterly impossible in that time. Johnson has said he won't ask for an extension to transition. So that's it, OUT, NO DEAL, Jan 2021.

This has been so utterly obvious all along. Nothing 'new' about it at all.

MawB Wed 13-Nov-19 10:36:04

He has changed the face of British politics without even being an MP which is an extraordinary achievement

He has failed to get himself elected howoften? 6 times, 7?
Enough is enough!

MaizieD Wed 13-Nov-19 10:39:27

Whatever you think of Farage he has had a clear policy from the start which has been popular with voters.

You didn't read that link, did you, Chestnut? Farage has radically changed his position since 2016

Try it now

www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2019/11/08/when-he-supported-norway-the-brexit-policy-farage-would-rath

Urmstongran Wed 13-Nov-19 10:39:29

Apparently the bookies are now saying Boris will win the general election. This is the unexpected reason why William Hill has changed how it sets its prices to reflect the fact that small punters were notably better at predicting the outcome when it came to the Brexit referendum.