Gransnet forums

News & politics

Tony Blair makes my skin crawl....

(62 Posts)
Poppyred Fri 22-Nov-19 22:58:24

Anyone else? The worst Prime Minister of all time ...

He told the whole world that the U.K. is open to anyone who wanted to come here and is solely responsible for the ongoing crisis in Calais...where the world and his wife thinks that the ~UK is the land and milk and honey!

Poppyred Fri 22-Nov-19 23:01:24

Sorry for the outburst ,.....just seen him on Welsh News and seriously wonder why anyone cares a f...k what he thinks!

Chestnut Fri 22-Nov-19 23:09:15

Tony Blair has always made my skin crawl. Even when he was the prince charming of politics and kept winning elections I had an uneasy feeling about him. I didn't trust him. Call it intuition.

rubysong Fri 22-Nov-19 23:11:01

Thank goodness we have a royal family, otherwise we might be living under President Blair.

suziewoozie Fri 22-Nov-19 23:13:24

Luckily we’ve got Boris Johnson who wouldn’t make anyone’s skin crawl. ?As for the RF a bit of moral integrity wouldn’t go amiss

dragonfly46 Fri 22-Nov-19 23:16:22

The most corrupt prime minister we have had!

Chewbacca Fri 22-Nov-19 23:28:24

I remember when he was running for PM in 1997 (I think) and there was a poster of him saying "New Labour, New Danger" and it had his eyes as a demon's eyes. There was a huge outcry and the poster was condemned by ASA and was subsequently removed.

It was the most accurate political poster ever printed imo.

TwiceAsNice Fri 22-Nov-19 23:41:24

I didn’t think it could get any worse after Blair. Now we have Corbin!

TwiceAsNice Fri 22-Nov-19 23:41:52

Corbyn ( sorry auto correct)

pinkquartz Fri 22-Nov-19 23:43:45

I hate him too.

Just read that GP's voted today not to do home visits and I am housebound and I wonder how will terminally ill people cope.
Blair started the changes with GP's with their new contracts that seem to have made them more like business men

He destroyed the UK in ways but most of all I remember thinking he was a good guy when he became PM

Until the Iraqui War

Labaik Sat 23-Nov-19 00:27:04

GP's used to have to be on call throughout the night and then turn up to do a full days surgery the following day. I can only assume that that is one of the things that Blair stopped? He also helped bring about peace in Ireland and Yugoslavia but people seem to have forgotten that.

craftyone Sat 23-Nov-19 05:33:02

yes blair makes my skin crawl too, he opened the floodgates and divided the uk. He will be hated by many, destroyed the peace in this country

suziewoozie Sat 23-Nov-19 05:36:59

And there was silly me thinking MT had something to do with dividing the nation. Still, every day a school day

BlueBelle Sat 23-Nov-19 05:38:29

People who are anti immigration make my skin crawl

Dottynan Sat 23-Nov-19 05:49:43

Controlled immigration gives good balance

WeekendVisit Sat 23-Nov-19 05:58:03

Sharp elbowed emotionally immature cult members, picked from the flock to lead the other sheep.

All party leaders have issues and we keep voting for them.

ladymuck Sat 23-Nov-19 07:02:06

The trouble with Tony Blair (Tonykins!) is that he can't see any fault in himself. Even after all the inquiries and tribunals, he still thinks he did the right thing invading Iraq.
He still thinks he is a voice to be listened to, and puts his twopenn'orth into every discussion.
Talk about living life in a bubble!

growstuff Sat 23-Nov-19 07:03:23

Are you suggesting anarchy WeekendVisit? That's the alternative to no government.

growstuff Sat 23-Nov-19 07:04:14

Are you a psychoanalyst ladymuck? How do you know what's going on in Tony Blair's mind?

ladymuck Sat 23-Nov-19 07:10:10

I judge by his actions,growstuff....don't we all do so with everyone?

growstuff Sat 23-Nov-19 07:18:17

So contribute something constructive rather than regurgitating soundbites.

Urmstongran Sat 23-Nov-19 07:20:12

He shares a birthday with my husband.
?
My husband is a much nicer man.

Lindylou51 Sat 23-Nov-19 07:30:00

I have always thought he looked shifty and always had a feeling he was a Soviet Sleeper.

eazybee Sat 23-Nov-19 07:57:51

Blair first made my flesh crawl with his'people's princess' speech following the death of the Princess of Wales, the expression in his eyes at complete variance with the rest of his face.
And I haven't forgotten his lies about Iraq or his part in the Northern Irish 'Peace process' which was a capitulation to terrorists who would plant bombs and kill their own people to get their own way.

janeainsworth Sat 23-Nov-19 07:59:30

What a nasty thread.
It demonstrates just what is wrong with Britain today - that people, not policies, are focussed on. If issues and possible solutions were discussed rather than people’s feelings about politicians, we might get somewhere instead of just attacking each other in the print and social media.
Not including Bluebelle growstuff labaik and suzie.