Gransnet forums

News & politics

Have we had Gina Miller's advice on *how to vote* yet?

(73 Posts)
gangy5 Wed 27-Nov-19 13:45:22

I'm thinking that I have probably missed this information

Chestnut Sun 01-Dec-19 23:13:16

Whitewavemark2 is beginning to sound really desperate now!
And thanks for the thumbs up on where to vote for the Brexit Party grin grin grin

GranE Sun 01-Dec-19 23:32:21

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Lemongrove, you mention Corbyn so often, and so inappropriately, that I sometimes wonder if you actually have a secret crush on him!

GranE Sun 01-Dec-19 23:52:16

Sadly Labaik and MaizieD, your well-informed messages will largely fall on glazed-over eyes. By the time the eyes are open, it will be too late and the country will be on its knees. But of course I don't dare actually say that, or I will be accused of scaremongering.

MaizieD Sun 01-Dec-19 23:55:25

? GranE

Don't worry about accusations. Just tell the truth...

gangy5 Mon 02-Dec-19 12:17:32

Thanks lemongrove for your valued support - on other threads also.

lemongrove Mon 02-Dec-19 12:51:07

You’re welcome gangy tchsmile

I would say welcome to GN GranE...but suspect you aren’t new to the forum.
On the subject of a crush on Corbyn ? ....I wouldn’t....would you?

Labaik Mon 02-Dec-19 14:28:56

The problem is, GranE that, if you do a link people moan about it and if you post the full article it's 'too long'....

Dinahmo Mon 02-Dec-19 14:59:01

Laibaik I've just read your Saturday post about the government. Thank you.

I'll go further than GranE - those who ought to take note of the contents will at best ignore them and at worst make snide comments. Luckily they are in the monority.

CoolioC Mon 02-Dec-19 19:54:29

I personally do not think voting tactically is a good idea. This will lead to more uncertainty which will be no good for the country. The country needs a government with a firm majority. Countries that do not have firm majorities allow right wingers in. Italy, forever at the polls. Spain, on the rise. I will now dare to say Portugal, because the elderly have been heard to say that under fascism we knew where we were! fascism only ended here in 1974.

If GM is saying vote tactically she is more stupid than I thought. Perhaps if the country does go far right then her kids will be able to start crying as they apparently did when the country voted out. What a silly, silly woman.

CoolioC Mon 02-Dec-19 20:01:51

I am afraid Whitewavemarket2, scaremongering is what you are doing re the Conservatives.

A hung parliament will do more damage to the country than anything else you watch the country plunder as nothing goes through parliament due to bloody Brexit not only with the Tories but with labour and the rest of them. Financial sector will collapse due to uncertainty along with other industries.

Whoever the Prog alliance are should be tried for treason against the country, bloody ridiculous crowd.

MaizieD Mon 02-Dec-19 20:04:49

Can I have some of what you're on, CoolioC

CoolioC Mon 02-Dec-19 21:44:58

Hehehehe Maizie D xx

gangy5 Tue 03-Dec-19 08:22:27

Good to have someone else talking sense on here - thanks to CoolioC !!!!

varian Wed 04-Dec-19 18:37:12

The Daily Mail's definition of "sense" is repeating our mantras.

Urmstongran Wed 04-Dec-19 18:53:05

No need for tactical voting people. Boris is about to storm it next week.

The pound is at a 7 month high tonight as traders bet on a majority Conservative majority next week.

We are about to Get.Brexit.Done

It’s been a long time coming to this point.

Austerity is officially over and it’ll be good to move on.

varian Wed 04-Dec-19 19:10:32

5 lies in one post - is that a GN record?

gangy5 Wed 04-Dec-19 22:23:54

So so hope you are right Urmstongran All power to your elbow for being brave enough to show your colours on here!!

GracesGranMK3 Thu 05-Dec-19 04:44:01

You are being played. The team which helped Australia’s rightwing coalition unexpectedly win the country’s general election are now here and helping Johnson.

They use on-line posts, not to build their own guy, but to destroy the leaders of other parties and are not to bothered about the truth. Of their facebook posts they said:

We’d make them really basic and deliberately lame because they’d get shares and lift our reach; that made our reach for the harder political messages higher,” an anonymous individual told the Sydney Morning Herald, dubbing the strategy “boomer memes” as the content appealed to older audiences.

Using "Comic Sans" their social media gets laughed at - and talked about. This all comes when our government has said it is still not prepared to regulate online campaigning during the next general election, despite lengthy investigations into the use of Facebook advertising during the 2016 EU referendum.

GracesGranMK3 Thu 05-Dec-19 05:12:42

Short message to "Boomers" from me.

Johnson, the liar we can't rely on.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 07-Dec-19 17:46:54

Tory lead getting less , tactical voting may see them off

Gina Miller

NEWSFLASH: New
@remainutd
poll shows Tory lead cut to 6% & Tory majority can be stopped with tactical voting

CoolioC Thu 12-Dec-19 09:01:04

Then what? Wavemark2? To your previous.

I look forward to your answer.

eazybee Fri 13-Dec-19 12:22:48

Oooh, I have enjoyed reading this thread today.
Who exactly was telling the lies?