Gransnet forums

News & politics

Have we had Gina Miller's advice on *how to vote* yet?

(72 Posts)
gangy5 Wed 27-Nov-19 13:45:22

I'm thinking that I have probably missed this information

gangy5 Wed 27-Nov-19 18:39:43

She has gone very quiet - cooking up her next court case I expect

lemongrove Wed 27-Nov-19 21:06:38

Ssssshhhhhh! ?Or we may get more on this subject.

Anniebach Wed 27-Nov-19 21:18:13

? ? ?

CoolioC Wed 27-Nov-19 21:23:52

Would that be how to draw an ‘X’?

GracesGranMK3 Wed 27-Nov-19 22:09:37

She does t give advice, her website provides information. The one where you can put your postcode in to see which way it's worth voting if you want to be tactical has been open for ages.

annsixty Wed 27-Nov-19 22:19:19

I have had a letter today from a former Labour MP Anne Coffeywho has just resigned as MP for Stockport asking me to vote LibDem.

Chestnut Thu 28-Nov-19 11:24:58

I think I'll check the website to see who to vote for if you want to leave! Thanks Gina.

prestbury Thu 28-Nov-19 11:28:12

annsixty Waste of voting for LibDem in Stockport, they lost their deposit last time out. Stockport has been a strong Labour constuency since the re-alignment of boundaries in the late 1980's.

Anne Coffey has been the MP since 1992 (27 years) so I suspect it will be a strong Labour hold at the GE.

The share of the vote last time out was:
Anne Coffey (Labour) 63.3%
Daniel Hamilton (Conservative) 28.4%
Daniel Hawthorne (LibDem) 4.3%

Chestnut Thu 28-Nov-19 11:28:33

Oh dear.....there are three sites giving this advice and they all disagree!
grin grin grin grin grin

Chestnut Thu 28-Nov-19 11:30:26

Anne Coffey has been the MP since 1992 (27 years) so I suspect it will be a strong Labour hold at the GE.
A good target for the Brexit Party.

Urmstongran Thu 28-Nov-19 11:48:00

At least Boris’ message is clear and straightforward!

Get.Brexit.Done

No conflicting advice. No tactical voting sites needed.
?

yggdrasil Thu 28-Nov-19 12:04:06

but Johnson won't admit that there are several more years of negotiation to be done.

Sussexborn Thu 28-Nov-19 17:51:34

Hardly surprising that there are three different sites. MPs were so cockahoop at abandoning their party and electorate that they didn’t consider that most were in total disagreement with each other in most other areas! Just proved what plonkers they are!

varian Thu 28-Nov-19 18:31:21

"Get.Brexit.Done" is a lie to feed to the folk who are fed yup to the back teeth with hearing about brexit and want it to stop.

If you read the brexit press - Daily Mail, Express, Telegraph or The Sun , you will be fed this lie but wake up and recognise it for what it is.

If you vote Tory we will be condemned to talking about brexit and trade deals foe the rest of most GNetters lives.

We will be a poorer country and a less influential country on the world stage and any trade deals we get will be on the other country's terms because they all know we would be desperate - we are already the laughing stock of the world.

The only good way forward is to STOP BREXIT ASAP).

CoolioC Thu 28-Nov-19 18:34:58

Ummm what newspaper should we read Varian to be correctly brainwashed?

varian Thu 28-Nov-19 18:43:02

Read everything and anything , printed, broadcast and online, but be aware of the bias. Who owns this "source of news" and what is their agenda?.

The billionaire tax evading proprietors of certain news outlets have their own agendas.

What is good for them is not necessarily good for you but they have the skill and financial resources to persuade you that it is.

Engage your brain

CoolioC Thu 28-Nov-19 19:01:56

That is exactly why I don’t believe anything I read, Especially regarding political propaganda.

Listen, process and do the right thing for yourself and your beliefs.

ExperiencedNotOld Thu 28-Nov-19 19:53:53

Dreadful woman.

varian Thu 28-Nov-19 20:06:57

Are you calling CoolioC a dreadful woman? We don't even know if she is a woman. She could be a Russian bot.

ExperiencedNotOld Thu 28-Nov-19 20:16:49

Sorry I’ll clarify! Gina ‘Dreadful woman’ Millar.

varian Thu 28-Nov-19 20:21:22

Extraordinary username you have *ExperiencedNotOld". Are you sure you have got it the right way round?

GrandmaKT Thu 28-Nov-19 20:37:49

@ExperiencedNotOld
Dreadful Woman? She founded the True and Fair Campaign in 2012, calling for an end to financial misconduct in the investment and pension industries.
Dreadful Woman? In 2016 she stopped the British Government riding roughshod over our democracy by trying to implement Brexit without the consent of parliament.
Dreadful Woman? In September 2019 she successfully challenged the government's illegal prorogation of Parliament.
All I can say is thank God for dreadful women like her!

Sussexborn Thu 28-Nov-19 20:54:53

Fortunately most of us are old enough and wise enough not to be brainwashed or bullied in to anything! One of the perks of ageing!

I am sure most of us will take information from a variety of sources and reach decisions that suit ourselves, our families and our communities.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 28-Nov-19 21:29:32

You seem to see bullying at every turn sussex??