Gransnet forums

News & politics

"Get Brexit done" but exactly when and how?

(28 Posts)
GracesGranMK3 Fri 06-Dec-19 06:46:35

I am feeling very concerned that this hasn't actual been explained. If the Conservatives win an actual majority, although the polls do not tell us they will, we still don't know if we could just drop out with no deal - a probable catastrophe to our economy or be negotiating for years in the could get it through parliament.

Beyond the chime of the simplistic slogan ... either nobody knows or nobody is prepared to say. Does anyone actually know?

grannyticktock Mon 09-Dec-19 14:20:07

Someone counted the number of times BJ parroted "Get Brexit Done" in the recent head-to-head, and said it was 15 times. It is his answer to every question. I don't believe he wants to lose the election, but he knows that his best chance of success is by avoiding public debate or scrutiny, so he's keeping his head below the parapet, or spending time in primary schools, where he can stick to jolly, superficial chat. His only strategy is lying and saying "Get Brexit Done and then we can put everything right". But it will not be "done" this year, next year, or for many years to come. At the end of January the door will be shut behind us and there will be no way back, yet the way forward is very uncertain. It is terrifying, particularly with that monster of a man in charge.

The only way to get Brexit done is to stop it right now. So many problems would just melt away: Ireland could carry on as before, Scotland would be less impatient for independence, trade could continue to flourish and the opportunities for us and our younger offspring to work and travel in Europe would continue as normal. So please, if you share my concerns, vote tactically to stop Brexit!

jura2 Mon 09-Dec-19 14:22:19

Trump is currently sabotaging the WTO- so it cannot function. And many Leavers want us to leave on WTO rules - but have no clue what it actually means.