News & politics

Nearly there - let's do it

(34 Posts)
jura2 Mon 09-Dec-19 15:29:51

We are at the amazing stage now, that if

Lib Dems in 17 Constituencies voted Labour

and

Labour voters in 12 Constituencies voted Lib Dem

we would be rid of Boris for good- as PM and MP too.

jura2 Mon 09-Dec-19 19:51:29

Agreed varian- but the current situation is way beyond 'personalities'. In each Constituency we should vote tactically to ensure Tories are housted. Hold your nose if you have to.

Callistemon Mon 09-Dec-19 19:52:35

Sorry, Overseas Territory!

Fennel Mon 09-Dec-19 19:56:11

Another thing to hope for (though probably not going to happen) is that BJ will lose his seat. He only had a small majority last time.

Callistemon Mon 09-Dec-19 20:00:44

Well, that would be interesting Fennel!!

Urmstongran Mon 09-Dec-19 20:35:24

Or Jo Swinson! The SNP could easily swipe hers.

Labaik Mon 09-Dec-19 20:45:34

…..Jess Phillips is lovely, too. Loud and regional but it all comes from the heart and is sincere.

Gypsy Mon 09-Dec-19 21:34:34

Oh. Postal votes. Thanks for that.

Labaik.. it's not like that though. The referendum vote was as a collective, it wasn't done as separate countries (or Crown Dependencies). It's the majority vote wins. The result was for leave... so that's what we should do. If people are going to vote tactically in the election... please be careful. It's not just about Brexit. It seems like it. We've heard of nothing else for the past century (feels like). But in actual fact there are other issues (as always) like health care, education etc etc.

Labaik Mon 09-Dec-19 23:07:12

Gypsy; as far as I'm concerned the election is about Brexit because nothing else in this country can be sorted until Brexit is. As for voting I know exactly what I'm going to do and why I'm doing it and I hope to god it brings about another referendum and people vote to remain. We've wasted 4 years over Brexit and, if it does go through that's just the beginning of many many years of negotiations during which time Scotland will probably leave the union and the troubles may return. And, what's your solution to the Irish problem?