Gransnet forums

News & politics

So now we know

(473 Posts)
Tooting29 Fri 13-Dec-19 06:48:43

All the hyperbole, the grandstanding the rhetoric all over. We have a result and the British public have spoken. We have a conservative government.
Are we surprised?

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 17-Dec-19 21:26:34

@Chestnut I do remember the UKIP MP farce in 2015. I just don't understand why the electorate is not demanding electoral reform.

I've never felt so disenfranchised in my life than in this election.

varian Wed 18-Dec-19 10:17:30

"Looks like some of the the vehicles the Germans, Dutch, French, Spanish and Italians are driving around my area! I must get some photos and post them of their vehicles and kids running around without shoes."

posts Cooio, (who is not at all prejudiced about these furriners?)

CoolioC Thu 19-Dec-19 09:15:48

You really are absolutely ridiculous Varian. You must know this. If you don’t I will point out.

I am making a comment as to how my particular area has changed, for the worse. The locals here are commenting even.

Secondly as on another thread, I have replied to your comments that I am a rascist, that’s the problem with small minders like you, you have entangled yourself up so much you don’t even know what a bloody rascist is anymore.

Stop stereotyping. I do not sit in bars, drinking, watching sky news and reading british newspapers.

I am merely passing a comment regarding the local area, how it has changed and how the locals do not like it. That’s not Ok with you, tough.

Please stop running away from other threads.

Thank you.

CoolioC Thu 19-Dec-19 09:17:41

Oh, and I am married to a furriner. Varian, it may have escaped your notice.

GagaJo Thu 19-Dec-19 09:18:49

CoolioC, Varian is right. Your comment was extremely racist.

You are mocking people that are different from you for their choice of car AND for their children not wearing shoes. Implying they are not civilized.

What is that if not racism? If you say it, you need to own it.

CoolioC Thu 19-Dec-19 13:57:42

Not racism, sorry. You are just all too sensitive over there.

They can live how they like but don’t send kids knocking on doors for money etc with no shoes. Not racism but a fact.

You people do not have a clue about rasicsm just shout it. I have had racism from works and government during the early 80’s over my marriage. Not complaining, made me stronger in fact. If you only knew some of the questions I was asked you really would be shocked. From Work and Government.

CoolioC Thu 19-Dec-19 14:15:56

Here’s two for you.

Couldn’t you get an english one? Colleagues and so called friends.

Does he ask for sex in unusual ways? Friends and officials.

How about that Gagajo, clueless.

Chestnut Thu 19-Dec-19 16:35:36

I have to agree that the racism card is played far too often and usually as a convenient way of escape from an argument or situation. It is meant to shame or guilt the person accused. Even the smallest comment about another race brings on the accusation. There was a time we could joke about other nationalities without being shamed.....there were lots of jokes about the English, Irish, Welsh and Scots, now probably deemed 'offensive' instead of being taken as light hearted banter. And as for jokes about any other nationality, forget it. You will now be hung drawn and quartered even if they were meant as a bit of fun.

Greta Thu 19-Dec-19 16:51:35

It's one thing joking about other nationalities. It's quite another thing aiming a racist remark directly at one person. And it seems as if the referendum gave some people carte blanche to do just that.

GagaJo Thu 19-Dec-19 19:01:42

Actually, CoolioC, I think you'll find I know a BIT about racism.

I have a multi ethnic family and have lived on 3 continents. My family have suffered racist comments and attacks. In public and at work.

Your comment is racist. If you want to make racist comments you also need to own them. Disgusting.

Iam64 Thu 19-Dec-19 19:38:07

"not racism sorry, you are just all too sensitive over there". CoolioC 19.12.19 13.57.
Wow - that's us told then isn't it. I'm off for some training in how not to be "too sensitive" - maybe I'll just hang out in the EDL or somewhere like that. That should sort it shouldn't it. Shall I ban my grandson's Muslim girlfriend whilst I am it. Or my daughter's dual heritage friends. Maybe I should ban the lesbian/gay/transgender people in our family and friendship group whilst I'm working on improving my approach to life

CoolioC Fri 20-Dec-19 01:43:12

As I said totally clueless.

GagaJo Fri 20-Dec-19 06:30:02

Hmm. Seems GNHQ disagree with you CoolioC.

Yehbutnobut Fri 20-Dec-19 06:58:49

You are clueless ?

Chestnut Fri 20-Dec-19 10:18:59

Oh dear, another bun fight. I thought the thread was about the referendum result!

CoolioC Fri 20-Dec-19 11:26:07

Yes, GNHQ did take down my post. But you still never had to go through what I did to marry a “furriner”. In actual fact I find the misspelling and taking the p**s out of the fact that I married a foreigner in itself rascist but you know I can rise above.

You can’t and clueless.

Carry in bullying, you are known for it and you know who you are.

CoolioC Fri 20-Dec-19 11:27:00

Chestnut
Not going to bother anymore with the playground bullies.

See if they follow me around! ?

Labaik Fri 20-Dec-19 14:27:09

I saw the word 'playground' and immediately thought to myself 'ok; when will there be an accusation of bullying' and, lo and behold, there it was. So predictable.

jura2 Fri 20-Dec-19 14:47:14

Coolio and Chestnut - really, honestly?

Sometimes it is best not to reply- I won't sad

Chestnut Fri 20-Dec-19 16:11:28

jura2 - you mention my name but what are you even talking about??? If you don't want to reply then don't reply. But don't reply by saying you won't reply. Ridiculous post.

maddyone Fri 20-Dec-19 16:21:52

Gay, lesbian, transgender, Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindoo, they’re all descriptors of people and they’re labels. They’re all people, can we just leave it at that.

GagaJo Fri 20-Dec-19 16:28:58

Actually, Coolio, my husband was black; African American. So don't be a twit. I THINK that counts as foreign?

Stop trying for the moral high ground and failing. You're not gonna win it with a racist approach.