Gransnet forums

News & politics

Country being run by an unelected Rasputin 'advisor' with Russian contacts.

(44 Posts)
GagaJo Mon 23-Dec-19 12:13:29

Honestly, you couldn't make it up. Rasputin at the heart of the British government.

uk.yahoo.com/news/boris-johnson-not-charge-own-104800915.html

www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-cummings-ex-boss-lifts-20051677

Chewbacca Mon 23-Dec-19 12:17:36

Oh give me strength.......... sits on the floor weeping with laughter at Rasputin running the UK

Dinahmo Mon 23-Dec-19 12:26:24

I've been thinking that we have another Rasputin for a while now. Like many of the extreme right in the Tory party he wants to throw everything into the air and watch how it lands and the ensuing chaos. Of course, those people are cushioned from that potential chaos.

GagaJo Be prepared from the name calling that is likely to follow, because, as we all know the Mirror is a left wing paper and so obviously biased. An interesting article by the way. Thank you.

Chewbacca Mon 23-Dec-19 12:30:23

I'll spend the Christmas holidays making some tin foil hats, lined with fur, for you. That way you'll be protected against little green men from Mars and Rasputin from Russia.

Alexa Mon 23-Dec-19 12:30:25

I suppose someone must be working the puppet.

GagaJo Mon 23-Dec-19 12:31:49

Dianahmo, I'm prepared for the right-wing onslaught. wink

The fact that it is a TORY pointing out Boris isn't in charge won't make a JOT of difference to them. They'll toss him to the wolves for not following the zombie party line. Logic isn't their best point.

GagaJo Mon 23-Dec-19 12:32:47

Chewbacca.

He is Boris' advisor.
He pushed through the Brexit referendum.
He spent time in Russia.

Which bit do you disagree with?

JenniferEccles Mon 23-Dec-19 12:48:46

Come to think of it, I’m SURE I saw Rasputin in Waitrose earlier today ?

Just when I thought the anti Tory hysterical comments couldn’t get any more ridiculous, along comes GagaJo

Have you been at the Christmas sherry too soon?

Chewbacca Mon 23-Dec-19 12:53:09

Which bit do you disagree with? Pretty much everything you post Gagajo. How can I possibly take anything you say seriously, when you have made it clear that China has a fairer, more democratic government than the UK. I'm sorry but I just find your continual posts about how corrupt and partisan British politics is, in comparison to China in particular laughable. I can't take you seriously any longer; sorry.

Chewbacca Mon 23-Dec-19 12:54:39

Sorry, posted too soon.... as for Rasputin now being used.... Oh please! Is it April 1st? hmm

Oldbat1 Mon 23-Dec-19 12:56:54

I simply just can’t face up to the fact that the totally self centred idiot is in charge. I wouldn’t trust him to walk my dog! All they are interested in is feathering their own nests. I wake up hoping beyond hope it has all been a dream.

quizqueen Mon 23-Dec-19 13:05:30

Mr Clarke has an axe to grind because he's a sore loser. Every leader has a right hand man/advisors he thinks he can trust and every leader delegates. I think the other bloke, you know the one who lost the election, also had links to Russia.

JenniferEccles Mon 23-Dec-19 13:11:23

Ok we get it - some of you don’t like Boris Johnson and are unhappy at the election result.

I ,and incidentally the majority of people,would be very shocked, unhappy and fearful for the future of our country had Corbyn got in BUT I would not be on here day after day posting derisory and untrue comments about him.

GagaJo I agree with Chewbacca* You are making yourself look ridiculous. It’s time to stop.

growstuff Mon 23-Dec-19 13:12:32

I assume those who are mocking GagaJo follow the rantings of Cummings' blog and are aware of the reasons he was forced to leave the Department for Education by Michael Gove. If you aren't aware of his background and the way he operates, more fool you.

Opal Mon 23-Dec-19 13:12:49

Oh FFS give me strength, not another one. Rather than support your left-wing argument, all these hysterical rants do is make you a laughing stock. I could understand it more if your sources were balanced, but the Daily Mirror? Really? Don't think I'll be reading that link anytime soon .......

growstuff Mon 23-Dec-19 13:13:16

Actually JenniferEccles, it is you who are making yourself look ridiculous and ignorant.

growstuff Mon 23-Dec-19 13:14:26

What a totally unpleasant bunch of posters! How about checking out some facts before you sound off?

Grany Mon 23-Dec-19 13:46:19

Agree GagaJo

Johnson looks to me like he doesn't have a plan or clue.

Lots of dodgy happenings

and what Mr Clarke said the Conservative had no policy on social care, which he called “the biggest single domestic problem facing us”, and needed to do more to improve skills and education across the country.

The climate crisis and NHS

Well Said growstuff

Grany Mon 23-Dec-19 13:50:48

Maureen Fitzsimmons
45m
Private company #IDOX, who till 2018 had Tory peer on its board, used a wholly owned subsidiary, #Halarose, to manage UK #postal votes in 12 Dec 2019 GE #Halarose is already listed on or before 19th December 2019
as 'Dissolved on 24 Dec 2019'.
@metpoliceuk

investigation ?????

JenniferEccles Mon 23-Dec-19 13:53:37

Wrong growstuff

I am not the one posting thread after thread throwing idiotic accusations at our democratically elected government am I?!

Beckett Mon 23-Dec-19 13:55:49

Well GagaJo I was going to say that was the most ridiculous thing I have ever read - but I think I should wait for your next post tchgrin

MerylStreep Mon 23-Dec-19 13:57:17

JenniferEccles
Would that be the Leigh on Sea Waitrose? As I'm sure I saw him downing a pint in Leigh old town. Looking at the time you saw him it could well have been.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 23-Dec-19 14:02:25

MerylStreeptchgrintchgrintchgrin

Fennel Mon 23-Dec-19 14:06:07

I was wondering what happened to DC. He used to be in the news a lot a one time, then nothing.
Is he still the power behind the throne?

Callistemon Mon 23-Dec-19 14:12:20

Rasputin was assassinated - what are you thinking should happen GagaJo?

I think Cummings is due to 'leave the building' shortly.