Gransnet forums

News & politics

RIP Nicholas Parsons

(33 Posts)
trisher Tue 28-Jan-20 11:13:43

Just heard this legend has died. Such a funny, sympathetic and nice man. Love Just a Minute. A long and fantastic career. He will be much missed.

POGS Tue 28-Jan-20 21:20:30

jura 2

Why bring ruddy Brexit into the thread?

What if he had voted Leave and spoke up for Brexit?

Would you think of him in the same vein or resorted to your stance / opinions of those you dislike so much because of the way they voted in the referendum ?

POGS Tue 28-Jan-20 21:24:47

As for Nicholas Parsons I think he was a decent man who was known for his charity work and sense of humour and that is how he will be remembered by many.

Luckygirl Tue 28-Jan-20 21:40:44

He was a lucky man to have worked at something he enjoyed right up to his death.

Floradora9 Tue 28-Jan-20 21:46:03

A young relative of ours worked with him on this film it was repeated to-night on BB4 . He kept on saying that he was not an expert on watches but on clocks but seemed to be good fun to work with. My relative was at his feet while on a bridge over the Seine feeding Nicholas his lines . He said when not filming he looked like a weary old man but as soon as the cameras rolled he sprung into action.

merlotgran Tue 28-Jan-20 22:44:05

jura Give it a rest.

You've got to laugh grin

MawB Tue 28-Jan-20 23:33:39

Oh for heavens sake - leave Brexit out of it!
On and on and on and on.......

STOP
? (dead) ?(closest I could find to flog!)
I haven’t had time to check all the other threads, but do Brexit or poor expats feature there too?

Dec46 Tue 28-Jan-20 23:46:55

threexnanny I saw him perform the part of Narrator in Rocky Horror Show too.
At first I couldn't believe it was him dressed in stockings and suspenders but he was very good at it.
So pleased that he seems to have had a very short illness and not long drawn out suffering.