Gransnet forums

News & politics

Nicola Sturgeon didn't sack Derek Mackay for texting 16yr old.

(45 Posts)
ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 13:35:55

Nicola Sturgeon didn't sack Derek Mackay (40yrs+ & married with children) for innapropriate texts sent to 16yr old.
She let him resign?
Zero integrity.
Zero accountability in the system.

Prince Andrew and his paedo friend link?
Raise a birthday flag?
He should be in America answering questions about his filthy paedo-friend.
Still does not get the public anger?

What is wrong with the Queen?
Is she finally senile?
It beggars belief that they thought it ok to ring a bell and raise a flag for the royal creep.
Just exile him to the Falklanbds for pity sake before he brings down the monarchy.... Maybe that's a good thing.

JenniferEccles Fri 07-Feb-20 13:40:57

What a thoroughly nasty post.

The Queen is not senile. Misguided over her son maybe but definitely not because of senility.

Smileless2012 Fri 07-Feb-20 13:50:00

PresumablY NS would have sacked him if he hadn't resigned. He's quite rightly lost his job so what difference does it make if he 'fell on his sword' so to speak.

As far as I'm aware towns and cities are making their own decisions about bells ringing and flag raising and more than a few are not marking the occasion. Rightly so IMO but it has nothing to do with the Queen.

Senile!! I think her handling of the Harry and Meghan debacle shows she's far from senile.

paddyanne Fri 07-Feb-20 13:52:59

He was asked to resign pending an enquiry.....he's gone from parliament and the party .

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 14:04:55

JenniferEccles What a misery guts

grannylyn65 Fri 07-Feb-20 14:20:39

Who?

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 14:25:09

I don't think she's the only senile one, either

Oopsadaisy3 Fri 07-Feb-20 14:36:14

Derek Mackay shouldn’t have been allowed to resign, he should have been sacked.

Prince Andrew should help the FBI as soon as he can, there is no excuse for any delay. Pity he can’t be sacked as well.

I really don’t see why the poor people of the Falklands should have him inflicted upon them , they’ve been through enough already. Maybe a suitable ice floe?

I imagine that Andrew has convinced his mother that he has been set up, with fake pictures and lots of nasty people out to get him and she has believed every word. One day she will realise that he might not be the squeaky clean son that she thinks he is. May that day come soon.

Fiachna50 Fri 07-Feb-20 14:37:02

I don't understand this post or what this person is on about.

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 14:37:29

May that day come soon, indeed.

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 14:38:20

Can you not read it?

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 14:38:34

Fiac

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 14:40:55

@Fiachna50*I don't understand this post or what this person is on about.*

Let me assist you...

It is raising doubts about standards in public life grin

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 14:41:31

and people who are misery guts

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 14:41:57

MMMmmkay?

PernillaVanilla Fri 07-Feb-20 14:42:46

1. If we get in quick enough we can all resign our jobs before being sacked. It seems this misguided chap was, on the basis of his work performance, a rising star, we all know what happened so why is it wrong to let him resign?

2. We all love our children, no matter what they have done.

SueDonim Fri 07-Feb-20 14:45:41

I hope MacKay refuses his almost-£12,000 severance pay off. He’s now sitting as an independent MSP. hmm

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 14:50:29

Having resigned he can slink back later when the dust has settled - after all, the general public has a short memory.

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 14:52:49

I've just seen the 270 messages - absolutely disgusted with this man.

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 14:54:48

Jim Gamble, former head of UK-wide police unit the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, warned the minister’s six months of online messages to the boy may show “patterns” of inappropriate behaviour.

Fiachna50 Fri 07-Feb-20 15:01:13

Ananimous, I can read perfectly well thank you. The method of expression I could not quite grasp. Regarding standards in public life, sadly nothing surprises me. Derek Mackay I couldn't stand anyway. I also find Miss Sturgeon's judgement questionable in these sorts of situations. Regarding the Queen, I do feel sorry for her, the woman is in a bind, but her son's reputation is nothing new. Personally, he should do what Harry has done and take himself out of the limelight, unfortunately HE doesn't seem to want to do this. The man is an embarrassment. The other difficulty being where is the evidence as to her son commiting any crime? You cannot prosecute on rumour or hearsay.

timetogo2016 Fri 07-Feb-20 15:06:51

It`s very unfair of you ananimous to say the queen is senile.
We mothers tend to say nothing if our children goes down the wrong path and it`s also what makes her the true professional she is bless her.
I do however agree with your other posts.

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 15:12:32

@Fiachna Please re-read the thread post slowly. grin

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 15:20:15

I think, the queen must be going senile to let this get so out of control.
The monarchy has never been so hated, or had so many members going out on a limb to disgrace themselves.

Some mothers do and say nothing and let their grown kid ruin theirs, and others lives... The ones with integrity and a moral compass do not look the other way.

He hung out with a paedo - even after he "knew".

Anniebach Fri 07-Feb-20 15:21:41

Andrew isn’t in the limelight, and Harry hasn’t stepped out the limelight.