Gransnet forums

News & politics

Nicola Sturgeon didn't sack Derek Mackay for texting 16yr old.

(46 Posts)
ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 13:35:55

Nicola Sturgeon didn't sack Derek Mackay (40yrs+ & married with children) for innapropriate texts sent to 16yr old.
She let him resign?
Zero integrity.
Zero accountability in the system.

Prince Andrew and his paedo friend link?
Raise a birthday flag?
He should be in America answering questions about his filthy paedo-friend.
Still does not get the public anger?

What is wrong with the Queen?
Is she finally senile?
It beggars belief that they thought it ok to ring a bell and raise a flag for the royal creep.
Just exile him to the Falklanbds for pity sake before he brings down the monarchy.... Maybe that's a good thing.

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 15:21:51

timetogo2016

I'm not really interested in your opinion of me, ok, we have very different moral codes, clearly.

suziewoozie Fri 07-Feb-20 15:22:41

People in public life who ‘fall from
grace’ hardly ever ( if ever?) get sacked. I’m not saying this is necessarily acceptable but it does seem that resigning is the norm.

ananimous Fri 07-Feb-20 15:27:10

Hardly a "foolish mistake" 270 messages

More like a pattern of filthy behaviour, than "lacking in judgement"

Aspen Fri 07-Feb-20 15:29:20

Poor chap, they are not going to make him an Admiral!
Lost count how many of those we have in the Admiralty. At one time we had more Admirals than warships I believe.

Jabberwok Fri 07-Feb-20 16:01:04

I don't think the RF is hated at all, and the Queen is certainly NOT senile! what an idiotic comment! As has been said, there is no proof of any criminality concerning Prince Andrew. I would never disown my son, I might be disappointed, saddened and wonder where we went wrong, but disown him? Never! Unpleasant OP!

Cherrytree59 Fri 07-Feb-20 16:10:43

Jabberwok ?

Eglantine21 Fri 07-Feb-20 17:08:53

Why the Falklands?

Daisymae Fri 07-Feb-20 17:15:31

I think he will hang on for as long as possible. The investigation will take months so he will get paid and accrue pension etc. As for Andrew, well he is denying all charges at the moment and I would hazard a guess that legal advice is that he stays that way.

suziewoozie Fri 07-Feb-20 17:24:48

Do any Scottish GNers know if the SP has a recall provision? Or what the rules are if convicted of an offence?

lemongrove Fri 07-Feb-20 17:25:18

I haven’t seen or know what the messages to the 16 yr old boy
Say but I feel sorry for Mackay’s wife and children, it’s a public humiliation.

Jabberwok Fri 07-Feb-20 17:29:47

It certainly is Lemon. Awful situation, poor them.

Yorksherlass Fri 07-Feb-20 17:31:44

I read on bbc Scotland that he’s in line for a £12,000 severance payment would you believe !!!

mumofmadboys Fri 07-Feb-20 18:15:52

Ananimous what gives you the right to be so insulting? To Jennifereccles, Fiacna( sorry re spelling!) and the Queen. The Queen most definitely isn't senile. She manages her job with a quiet dignity. Mums will always love their children regardless of what their children do. Are you having a bad day or something ananimous?

suziewoozie Fri 07-Feb-20 19:12:24

Does loving your children mean it’s ok to support them in not providing a witness statement or allowing Church bells to be ring for them? Really ?

Jabberwok Fri 07-Feb-20 19:43:40

I might not support them, but I'd never disown them!

Fiachna50 Sat 08-Feb-20 02:19:18

Ananimous, please do not talk to me like Im thick.

Madgran77 Sat 08-Feb-20 06:12:28

Why should the Falklands have anyone inflicted on them poor things!!

vegansrock Sat 08-Feb-20 06:44:44

Standards in public life? When have they been high except on the surface? We have an adulterous PM who gave his technology teacher/pole dancing girlfriend public money, turncoats being given peerages, unelected advisors on the payroll, fiddling expenses de rigeur etc etc if that slimeball hadn't resigned he would have been sacked and rightly so. Prince Andrew won’t get any flags around here.

MaizieD Sat 08-Feb-20 08:50:54

Pre cise ly. *vegansrock'.

ananimous Mon 10-Feb-20 21:14:05

Nicola Sturgeon does look fan dabi dozi wink