Gransnet forums

News & politics

Latest on Harry and Meghan

(1001 Posts)
ExD1938 Fri 14-Feb-20 13:36:52

I am disgusted by the announcement that these two have sacked 15 British members of staff. What are they thinking?
I ask myself 'how would I feel if I'd upped sticks and gone to another country out of loyalty to my employer, only for them to get rid of me 3 months later.
I would be heartbroken and furious.

suziewoozie Fri 14-Feb-20 18:47:03

Picky picky pick pick. Grow up

trisher Fri 14-Feb-20 18:56:54

What were they thinking? Well I suppose that there wouldn't be any work so the staff would have to go. The stupidity and nastiness on GN continues. H&M may divorce, it's not unknown in the RF! But they probably stand more chance of making their marriage work away from the dodgy extended family.

janipat Fri 14-Feb-20 18:57:03

Picky picky pick pick. Grow up A childish response, what you often do when caught out. Did you forget the reams of "crying with laughter" emojis you are so fond of?

Chewbacca Fri 14-Feb-20 19:05:07

Picky picky pick pick. Grow up

Not the most erudite and articulate post from you sooziewoozie but a definite improvement on your usual contributions.

Anniebach Fri 14-Feb-20 19:05:11

Yes suzie and we who wish to can criticise the subject of this
thread

Chewbacca Fri 14-Feb-20 19:08:23

So when H & M said that they would be in the UK for half the year and abroad for the other half, were they deliberately lying? hmm And what was the point of the vastly expensive renovations to their "cottage" if they knew they wouldn't actually be living in it? It would seem that they've burned their boats in Blighty.....

Anniebach Fri 14-Feb-20 19:09:11

Divorce isn’t unknown in the Markle family , father, mother
and daughter.

Callistemon Fri 14-Feb-20 19:32:57

Divorce is not unknown in the Windsor family either, Anniebach!

janipat Fri 14-Feb-20 19:35:56

Sadly I don't think there are many families that haven't been touched by divorce even if it's not their immediate family unit.

Anniebach Fri 14-Feb-20 19:48:49

I know Callistemon I just thought it fair to speak of the Markle family in reply to the post which spoke of the Windsor
family.

Sparklefizz Fri 14-Feb-20 20:00:45

I wonder if they will attend Beatrice's wedding?

If I were Beatrice, I wouldn't want Meghan there taking all the attention off the bride's big day.

Callistemon Fri 14-Feb-20 20:02:21

I didn't see that one, Anniebach

Anniebach Fri 14-Feb-20 20:12:46

Isn’t Beatrice’s wedding private, no cameras in the Chapel ?
Suppose the guests can be photographed going to St.James
Palace

Chestnut Fri 14-Feb-20 20:40:08

suziewoozie There is glee in so many of the MM threads.
You are reading between the lines and putting your own spin on things. I don't think anyone is 'gleeful' about the situation. Most people are very sad at the Royal fracture but unhappy with the way this couple are behaving. Most people wish them well but anticipate a rocky road ahead.
I for one am fed up with Meghan constantly hogging the limelight but I can't see that changing even though they've moved.

quizqueen Fri 14-Feb-20 20:49:55

If only the newspapers would stop reporting on these two attention seekers. They are non Royals now so don't need those staff or to be given any publicity. They would find their worth soon dwindles if no one cares to read anything about them.

Anniebach Fri 14-Feb-20 20:52:44

Harry was showered with love in this country.

He starts a charity with William and Kate ‘heads together’ to
speak about mental health, suicide rates among men is rising,
children waiting over a year to be assessed, he drops support for ‘heads together’

He buggers off the America and gives a talk to wealthy people
about his struggle with mental health and how he has been going through therapy for some years and picks up a cheque.

Greymar Fri 14-Feb-20 21:04:18

Bide your time. They have uncovered things they cannot live with.

Sparklefizz Sat 15-Feb-20 14:07:56

Greymar What?

Anniebach Sat 15-Feb-20 14:24:59

I too am curious to learn what they uncovered which they
cannot live with

newnanny Sat 15-Feb-20 15:35:25

Be careful, any criticism of Meagain's behavour is racist, don't you know.

They gave obviously been planning on moving away almost as soon as Meagain got pregnant. That is when SussexRoyal website was made. They let the public pay for renovations in a house they knew would only ever be a temporary home. They took on new employees who gave up other pisitions to work for them when they had been planning this move for months just not told public.

I sincerely hope they do not attend Princess Beatrice's wedding. Let us not forget Meagain revealed she was pregnant to other royals on Princess Eugenie's wedding day. The pair dropped the leaving bomb on eve of Kate's birthday. Meagain constantly posts on instagram the same day another royal is doing something important or launching new inititive and Charles has been reported as saying 'Meagain and Harry will not agree to coodinate their press releases with his, the Cambridges oe even the Queen's press officers.

Harry was onde heard saying 'what Meghan wants she gets'. The queen put her footcdown over emerald tiarra and let hrr grand daughter Eugenie wear it. Meagain got her revenge. She craves the limelight whilst pretending she wants a quiet life.

I saw she released pictures of herxwearing a silly and bliwing a party horn 2 hours after their employees were fired. Yet on their SussexRoyal website they fllow a kindness site. Meagain likes to travel by private jet yet lecture us plebs for wanting a holiday flight.

I hope Queen allows the Yorks not to invite Meagain and Harry as I feel sure she will delight in stealing limelight from Princess Beatrice. I am hoping all the coverage she will get with fight with newspaper where her father is witness against her will be enough for 2020. I am hoping they both stay on the other side of the world.

Chestnut Sat 15-Feb-20 16:17:58

newnanny - You will incur the wrath of suziewoozie with that post! ? She won't hear a word again Meghan and gets very angry when she's criticised. Unless she's avoiding this thread to keep her blood pressure down ?

GagaJo Sat 15-Feb-20 16:27:26

Newnanny, I think you need to spend more time on your new grandchildren and less obsessing about minor royals and slebs.

Greymar Sat 15-Feb-20 16:38:09

Bring back the birch. I say. Oh and National Service.

suziewoozie Sat 15-Feb-20 16:40:35

Yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn

Chewbacca Sat 15-Feb-20 16:41:55

Makes a change from pick pick picky pick I suppose! grin

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion