A thread about what the Government are doing following Storm Dennis

(41 Posts)
suziewoozie Mon 17-Feb-20 13:15:42

Er...

aprilrose Fri 21-Feb-20 12:28:42

No sign of Boris, of course, but Jeremy is in Pontypridd yesterday

That helped how exactly?

Grany Fri 21-Feb-20 13:24:02

Boris Johnson has shown his true colours by not offering support to flood hit communities or even visiting them.

Jeremy spoke to residents heard their stories and listened to their concerns. Highlighted floods will happen again more needs to be done now to tackle the climate emergency

vegansrock Fri 21-Feb-20 13:50:15

Who are ”the obvious/ not obvious minorities” that aprilrose ‘s council are wasting money on? The disabled? Children in care? Mentally ill? Those with learning disabilities? Not all that obvious to some.

Ilovecheese Fri 21-Feb-20 14:10:31

aprilrose A man on the news said that he had supported Boris and would like Boris to come and see what has happened in order to return the support. He would have gained some emotional support at a very difficult time.
Being a Prime Minister should surely mean giving emotional as well as practical support.

I would also like to know the answer to vegansrock's question to you regarding "the obvious"

suziewoozie Fri 21-Feb-20 14:14:58

The obvious, you know, nudge, nudge, those people, others, them, not us, yes we all know april

Parsley3 Fri 21-Feb-20 14:36:07

Boris Johnson doesn’t come across as a chap who sees the need for giving emotional support. For example, do you remember how he dismissed complaints from female MPs who were facing daily threats and abuse?
Now is his chance to shine as the PM invested with with the people’s confidence to get things done. I hope he takes it.

Yehbutnobut Fri 21-Feb-20 15:00:28

aprilrose several of us are asking for edification (clarity).

Well re Jeremy, getting out there and meeting the flood victims, they seemed pleased to know they hadn’t been completely forgotten. But surely you could have worked that out for yourself ???

Dinahmo Fri 21-Feb-20 16:17:16

aprilrose Corbyn is still an MP and (theoretically) in a position to do something, although with the present majority there's not much chance of him being successful.

Labaik Fri 21-Feb-20 17:35:12

No need for Johnson to play nice now he's got a huge majority...

aprilrose Fri 21-Feb-20 20:21:16

Test. I have posted three messages and all have disappeared.

I am not going tooffer any further answers on this, clearly I am not welcome.... will this get through?

Dinahmo Sat 22-Feb-20 22:07:22

Perhaps you forgot to press the send message?

Callistemon Sat 22-Feb-20 22:37:37

I can see two posts, aprilrose then your third one asking where the others are

Dollymac Sat 22-Feb-20 22:48:15

He's got his huge majority now, he doesn't 'need ' to do anything. ...
What a shame that people were so easily taken in by this charloten

vegansrock Sun 23-Feb-20 06:52:02

There’s no posts from aprilrose which have been deleted. So maybe she just doesn’t want to clarify her thinly veiled unpleasantness.

Nezumi65 Sun 23-Feb-20 07:06:41

Councils have statutory Duties to spend on ‘minorities’ such as the disabled & children (& many councils are getting to the stage where they can’t afford to meet those Duties).

So which ‘minorities’ are we talking about & is the council ignoring Duties for flood risks?